This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #LobsterfestCelebration #Lobsterfest #CollectiveBias
It’s been quite a while since my husband and I have ventured out together as in ‘alone’. Normally we would take family trips or excursions, and while family time is important, it’s also essential to have date nights, or afternoons, alone with your significant other. This past weekend, my husband and I decided to head to Red Lobster®, because after all, the Lobsterfest event is here and if you didn’t know, it’s my one favorite time of the year. Last year my daughter celebrated her 21st birthday, and guess where I took her? That’s right! To Red Lobster’s Lobsterfest and what a celebration it was. So we just had to outdo ourselves this year and I want to tell you all about it.
However, let me begin by saying that I apologize for the quality of my photos as they were mostly taken with my cellphone.
I have to tell you that my Colorado Springs location at Cinema Point is the bomb! If you think your Red Lobster® is amazing, mine is even more so. Whenever I visit, the urge to head to a beach is always strong, with those beach chairs out front, it’s such a picturesque location, both in and out, however, besides that – the staff here is ahh-mazing, and that included my lovely server Meagan pictured below. She was just the best!
We decided to start our date off with drinks since I wanted to try their newest drinks on the menu. There are currently two new drinks on the Lobsterfest meun.
- Tropical White Sangria – Moscato, pineapple and mango juices with a splash of Sprite® for a touch of fizz. (This is served with a 50th Anniversary wine charm, that you can also purchase without even ordering the drink).
- Lobster Lover’s Punch – Captain Morgan®, Bacardi® and Malibu® rum, shaken with berry and pineapple juice. (This is served in a 50th Anniversary collectible glass, that is also available for purchase without the drink order).
My husband settle for the Lobster Lover’s Punch and I just had to have the Tropical White Sangria. The charm charmed me so much (noticed what I did there?) that I ended up getting all four. However, my husband got to take home his 50th anniversary glass.
Normally, we would choose and appetizer whenever we go out to eat, and there’s currently a new appetizer, the Chilled Lobster and Shrimp Cocktail which features chilled split petite Maine lobster tails and jumbo shrimp served with Red Lobster’s signature cocktail sauce, but this time we decided to forego the appetizer and head straight into our entrees. I wanted to save room for all the new stuff that was on the menu, especially their new Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese. The Lobsterfest menu this year features lots of delicious craveable new flavors including:
- NEW! Lobster Truffle Mac & Cheese – featuring Maine and langostino lobster tossed with cavatappi pasta in a cheesy truffle lobster cream, topped with toasted Parmesan panko crumb.
- NEW! Stuffed Tilapia with Langostino Lobster – featuring fresh tilapia roasted with Red Lobster’s signature seafood stuffing and topped with langostino lobster in a creamy lobster beurre blanc. Served with choice of two sides.
- NEW! Dueling Lobster Tails™ – featuring Maine lobster tail steamed in parchment paper with fresh herbs, tomatoes and lemon, paired with a grilled Maine lobster tail topped with shrimp, bay scallops and roasted bell peppers in a rich sherry lobster cream. Served with choice of side.
- NEW! Lobsterfest® Surf and Turf – featuring tender Maine lobster tail paired with choice of a wood-grilled sirloin, NY Strip or filet mignon, topped with a langostino and Maine lobster beurre blanc. Served with mashed potatoes and choice of side.
- Lobster Lover’s Dream® a succulent roasted rock lobster tail and sweet split Maine lobster tail, steamed and served with lobster and shrimp linguini Alfredo.
- You can also choose from the popular Ultimate Feast®, Seaport Lobster and Shrimp, Wood-Grilled Lobster, Shrimp and Salmon, and Bar Harbor Bake.
Now no meal is complete without a delectable dessert and Red Lobster® does not disappoint. We treated ourselves to their Brownie Overload, which is perfect for two. I call it the ultimate date night dessert. This features a warm brownie served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, topped with caramel, fudge, whipped cream and honey roasted pecans. Talk about heaven!!
We had an amazing time at Red Lobster® and during dinner my husband asked “where does Red Lobster® get all this lobster?”. It’s a question that has always been on my mind whenever Lobsterfest comes around, and I’m sure most of you would like to know as well.
Well, all of the seafood served at Red Lobster® is sourced in a manner that is Traceable, Sustainable and Responsible to ensure that a healthy seafood supply exists now and for generations. That means that my great-great-great-great grandkids will be enjoying Lobsterfest years from now. To learn more about lobster sustainability from some of the trusted fishermen who’ve provided lobster to Red Lobster® for generations, check out the video below.
This video was produced in partnership with Great Big Story
Now I’m not going to give you a million reasons why date nights are important to have with your significant other, but I am going to give you two good ones. For most of us, we don’t do date nights as often as we should because it’s all about scheduling time, and we may not like leaving the kids at home with a babysitter, however, it’s crucial that you do so. You may not be have a date night every single week, but it’s imperative that you try to have one at least twice monthly. It’s not all about having fun, but growing together. So here are my main two reasons for having date nights with your significant other.
1. It increases your communication
Communication is important in a relationship and when you’re home with the family, the topics are usually family oriented. However, on a date night, you leave your worries at home (well you really should) and you focus on each other. I’ve noticed that when my husband and I are alone together, we tend to communicate more about our needs and wants in life, instead of what the kids need. Here’s a tip for you: – Leave the cellphones away and off the table, put them on silent and focus on each other, everything else can wait until later.
2. It can bring the spark back to a marriage
After being married for many years it can seem as though you’re tuck doing the same routine over and over again. Date nights can rekindle that romance, and strengthen the bond that you have together. Dating is the core of your relationship, so never stop dating each other and continue doing little things to keep that spark alive.
And remember the Red Lobster® Lobsterfest Event is happening right now, but only for a limited time, so now is a great time to enjoy those date nights. Get out there and do it!
To learn more about the Seafood with Standards and Red Lobster’s sustainability efforts, visit/view: http://cbi.as/a1mr6