Character dining is a great way to get up close and personal with your favorite Disney characters without having to wait in line or battle crowds.
Why not be entertained as you dine in one of Disney World’s fabulous table service restaurants? Be warned, though, that while there are a variety of character dining opportunities available, they do fill up quickly. Make your reservations as early as possible. Here are a few of the best character dining options at Disney World in 2018:
1. Trattoria al Forno – This Old World Italian eatery at the Disney Boardwalk hosts the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast with familiar faces from The Little Mermaid and Tangled (Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider). The restaurant is extra accommodating to those with gluten free diets and to those with food allergies. It’s also one of the least expensive character dining experiences with meals ranging from $15 to $35.
2. Chef Mickey’s – What’s unique about this character dining experience is that it’s the only restaurant you’ll see “the fab five” (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald) all in one place. You’ll find this fun and lively buffet at the Contemporary Hotel, where diners can watch the monorail whiz by, while also overlooking Bay Lake. Expect to pay between $35 and $60 for this one.
3. Tusker House Restaurant – You’ll see Safari Donald Duck, Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy at this Harambe marketplace eatery in Animal Kingdom. The best part? The characters hang around for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The menu serves up traditional African dishes, vegetarian options, and American favorites at each meal. You’ll pay between $15 and $60 to dine here.
4. 1900 Park Fare – This restaurant at the Grand Floridian Hotel has been a fan favorite for years. Here, you can choose from a buffet breakfast (with Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, Tigger, and Winnie the Pooh) or Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner (also a buffet, with Cinderella, her stepsisters, her stepmother, and Prince Charming). Both meals range from $15 to $60 per person. Expect traditional American cuisine.
5. Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast – This character dining experience, located inside the Garden Grill at EPCOT, is great for several reasons. You’ll get to meet Chip ‘n’ Dale, Pluto, and farmer Mickey while you eat. Because the restaurant is small, you’ll get lots of interaction with the characters. They’ll come by several times throughout your meal, versus larger restaurants where you get one chance to get a great picture. Guests’ rave about the farmer’s salad, home-style pot roast and sliced turkey with gravy. (The veggies are even grown in Living with the Land greenhouses!) This is another dining option where characters are available for all three meals of the day. This experience ranges from $15 to $60.
6. Cinderella’s Royal Table – First off, this experience takes place inside the castle, and the theming in there is incredible. Who isn’t curious about what’s in there?! Second, dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table will be truly magical if you’ve got a little princess-lover on your hands. Cinderella herself is a constant, but the other princesses vary. Be prepared to pay a hefty price for this experience: Meals start at $35 and can go over $60.