It’s football season and as a family, we love watching the game, taking bets on which team is going to win or lose, and even enjoying fantasy football, nothing quite beats getting together with friends and enjoying some good ole food. Our Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Shredded Chicken Sandwiches brings everyone together.
This post is done in collaboration with Sweet Baby Ray’s, however, all opinions are mine alone.
While living in New York City, I made friends from other Caribbean islands, one of them being Jamaica. During the summer they would hold their annual summer backyard get together and one of the delicacies that we indulged in was the Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Coming from the island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, it’s not something that we specialize in, but I always love adding my own twist to tried and true recipes.
One day a few years ago while at the supermarket I happened upon Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauces. It was “new” at my commissary so I only picked up one bottle to give it a try. That trial bottle has turned into numerous purchases and Sweet Baby Ray’s is now my go-to whenever a sauce is needed. That now brings me to this recipe that we enjoy making, and one that would be perfect for your game sessions or tail-gate parties.
The sweetness of the Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce along with the spice and kick of the jerk seasoning is one that you’re going to love.
Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts, and place them in a medium bowl.
2. Brush chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil
3. Scatter two tablespoons of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning on chicken and coat evenly.
4. Allow the chicken to marinade for fifteen (15) minutes.
5. Add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to pressure cooker.
6. When the oil is hot add the chicken breasts to the pressure cooker and place on the lid and lock.
7. Set the timer to twelve minutes and make sure the venting knob is in the correct position.
8. Allow the chicken to cook on high pressure.
9. When the time has expired vent off the steam and unlock the lid.
10. Pour out any excess juices, use two forks and shred the chicken breasts.
11. Add a half of cup of your Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue sauce.
12. Thoroughly mix the barbecue sauce into the meat.
13. Serve with aged sharp cheddar cheese on toasted sesame buns.
I’m sure this will be a hit at your next get-together or tailgating party! Remember to stock up on your Sweet Baby Ray’s Sauces and for more recipe ideas, visit their website.