Can you believe that Valentines Day will be here officially in less than a month? It seems like we just celebrate Christmas. Actually I think we really did just celebrate Christmas. Where is the time heading? In less than 2 weeks we will have already have gone through the first month of the year. Time surely does fly when you’re having fun and sometimes even when you aren’t. Well with the month of love coming up I decided that I want to share with you this very special valentines day treat. It’s something that you can share with your love ones and even the kids will love helping you to make it as well. Not only is it easy to make but it’s also super delicious. We are big fans of strawberries and I have to tell you that a package of strawberry only lasts about an hour once it gets in the house. These strawberry tarts are no exception.
Yields: 10 tarts
Time: 30 minutes
Here is what you’ll need:
2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
8 tablespoons strawberry jam
2 cups strawberries, diced
1 egg, whisked with 1 tbsp of water
1. Combine the jam with the strawberries and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Using a medium sized heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out pastry hearts. Use a rolling pin to flatten pastry dough scraps in order to create additional hearts. Set half of the hearts aside on a baking sheet.
4. With the remaining hearts, use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out a slightly smaller heart from the middle – placing the frames top of the larger hearts on the baking sheet.
5. Egg wash the pastry and then fill the middle with the strawberry filling.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
***The set of heart cookie cutters shown were found at Dollar Tree.