Madison is going to be 3 very soon. Right now at age 2 she is still considered a toddler but as soon as age 3 kicks in she’ll be considered a pre-schooler. While she is too young to have an actual Valentine, that doesn’t mean that the family can’t be her Valentine. With that in mind we’ve started doing some quick and easy crafts together. It’s something that I love doing with her because it not only gives me some one on one time with her but it also helps with her creativity and boosts her confidence. While I’m usually the one gluing and cutting, she loves to color and she does sometimes help with the gluing as well. With Valentines Day right around the corner I want to share with you a very easy to do Valentines Day card that takes just minutes to do. You won’t believe how easy this is to do.
* Makes 3 Cards
* Craft time approx 5 minutes
Here is what you’ll need:
Cardstock Paper in color of choice (we chose red for Valentines Day)
Round Paper Punch
Foam Heart Stickers
Colored Pencils or Markers in colors of choice
*most of these products can be found at your dollar store or Michaels
Step by Step Directions:
1. Fold your cardstock paper in half lengthwise.
2. Fold again from both ends until they meet in the middle then cut along the folds. This way you get to make 3 cards.
3. This step is optional but gives your card a more polished rounded look. Use your scissors to cut around the edges of your card.
4. Punch a hole on your cardstock paper with your hole puncher. Next trace the hole with a pencil or marker. This will be your guide to place your wiggle eye.
5. Attach your wiggle eye with glue in the circle that you drew and let it dry.
6. Now attach your foam heart sticker and write the word you next to it.
7. This is the final step and the most fun. Open your card and draw a funny face or character around your wiggle eye.
Your card is all done and ready for giving. I told you it was super easy to do. Now get your supplies and get your little ones involved in the Valentine Day card making. You’ll both enjoy the experience.