Want to experience the best of what Australia has to offer? Here are our top tips for having a luxurious holiday adventure!
Australia is called the “Land Down Under” for a reason. It’s a one-of-a-kind destination, literally on the other side of the world! With vibrant cities, stunning landscapes, and incredible wildlife, Australia promises unforgettable experiences. For luxury travelers, it offers endless possibilities for indulgence, exploration, and making treasured family memories.
Here’s how to plan the ultimate luxurious Australia family holidays.
Sydney: The Scenic Harbor City
No trip to Australia is complete without visiting Sydney. This lively harbor city is both instantly recognizable and incredibly diverse.
- Make your home base at a luxury hotel right on Sydney Harbour, like the Park Hyatt or Langham. Wake up to panoramic views of icons like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge that will take your breath away. It’s the perfect way to start your day.
- Book a private guide to fully experience Sydney’s neighborhoods and hidden gems without hassle. They’ll take you to highlights like Bondi Beach, the historic Rocks area, the Royal Botanic Gardens, and lesser-known local favorites at your own pace.
- Indulge in Sydney’s amazing food scene by booking tables months in advance at restaurants like Quay and Aria. Their celebrity chefs take Australian cuisine to new heights, using incredible local ingredients. It’s the ultimate treat for foodies.
The Great Barrier Reef: Nature’s Masterpiece
Next, fly up to Queensland for the bucket-list experience of the Great Barrier Reef. It’s one of the undisputed natural wonders of the world.
- Make your base at an exclusive island resort like Hayman or Lizard Island. You’ll be immersed in reef adventures with snorkeling, diving, and marine wildlife encounters right off the beach.
- From clownfish to turtles, it’s a family favorite. Or take the experience over the top by chartering a private yacht. You’ll be able to visit remote areas of the expansive reef system in total comfort. Think beach picnics on deserted islands and world-class diving without crowds. Utter bliss.
Don’t overlook the island state of Tasmania, connected to mainland Australia by the Bass Strait. It’s filled with incredible scenery, unique wildlife, and charming towns.
- Stay at Saffire Freycinet, overlooking the pink granite peaks of the Hazards Mountains, for luxury amidst pristine wilderness. You’ll find every indulgence imaginable, coupled with stunning surroundings.
- See Tasmania’s endemic species like feisty Tasmanian devils, echidnas, and fairy penguins up close through private wildlife tours tailored just for you. It’s a one-of-a-kind chance to get intimate with these cute and rare creatures.
- Take a helicopter tour for awe-inspiring aerial views of Wineglass Bay and other postcard-worthy coastal landmarks that can’t be seen any other way.
Melbourne: Australia’s Culture Capital
Vibrant Melbourne is Australia’s cosmopolitan hub for arts, culture, food, and sporting events. There’s always something happening.
- Treat yourself to relaxing stays right in the city center at luxury hotels like the Parisian chic Windsor Hotel or Crown Towers with amazing views.
- Gain VIP access to Melbourne’s incredible museums and galleries through private guides. You’ll skip long queues and get insider perspectives on the artworks. The street art scene here is also world-famous.
- Don’t leave without indulging in Melbourne’s celebrated foodie scene. Vue de Monde’s refined elegance and Attica’s artful tasting menus are at the pinnacle of Australian fine dining.
Kangaroo Island’s Wildlife Haven
Off the coast of South Australia, Kangaroo Island is a pristine nature escape and sanctuary for native wildlife.
- Stay at Southern Ocean Lodge, where every luxury is provided as you look out over dramatic coastal views that seem to go on forever.
- See kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, and other endemic species up close in their natural habitats through private 4WD tours led by expert guides. It’s a bucket-list dream for animal lovers!
The Captivating Red Centre
No trip to Australia is complete without visiting the country’s Outback desert interior, known as the Red Centre. Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is the famous icon here.
- Treat yourself to a stay at Longitude 131°, with luxury tents facing Uluru head-on. You’ll get to see the rock’s colors morph at sunrise and sunset from the comfort of your accommodations.
- Gain insight into the world’s oldest living culture on tours highlighting ancient rock paintings and spiritual Aboriginal sites guided by indigenous elders. This land has stories written in the rocks spanning millennia.
Add Exclusive Touches
- Custom Wildlife Tours: Tailored private tours let your family get up close with Australia’s amazing animals like koalas, kangaroos, and platypuses away from big crowds. Personalized encounters create special memories.
- Premium Opera Nights: Enjoy VIP treatment with backstage access at exclusive performances in Sydney’s iconic Opera House. Make it a night to remember with behind-the-scenes tours and luxury extras.
- Personal Shopping: Work with personal shoppers to discover Australia’s best boutiques and find that perfect memento or fashion piece. They know all the top spots and products that you won’t find anywhere else.
Essentials for Luxury Travelers
- When to Go: With diverse climates across the country, there’s always a perfect time to visit Australia. But most agree that December to February maximizes good weather across the main attractions.
- Local Touch: Connect with agencies focused on luxury Aussie vacations. Their expertise crafts tailored itineraries that go beyond the ordinary. They open doors to exclusive encounters that elevate your experience.
- Family Activities: From surf lessons at Bondi Beach to theme park thrills on the Gold Coast to wildlife encounters, Australia offers boundless options for families. There’s something for kids of all ages to love.
With careful trip planning and leveraging local expertise, Australia unlocks a world of luxurious possibilities. The endless natural beauty and unique wildlife never cease to amaze. By crafting an itinerary mixing luxury stays, private tours, and bespoke experiences around your family’s interests, Australia promises a truly extraordinary holiday filled with amazing memories. So, now is the time to book your direct flights to Australia from uk.