Credit cards play an essential role in the way many families manage their finances, mine included. And when I’m looking for a new credit card, one of the most important factors for me is its rewards program. With so many cards on the market, if I’m going to use one, I might as well benefit from it – and there are lots of competitive programs available.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Navy Federal Credit Union. All opinions are 100% mine.
When looking for the right credit card rewards program for you, start by asking a few questions:
- First, ask yourself – how good is your credit? Your credit score will determine which credit cards and rewards programs you’ll qualify for, so it’s smart to know where you stand before you begin your search.
- What kind of annual fees are tied to the card? Some cards don’t charge an annual fee at all, while others can charge hundreds of dollars for the privilege of being a cardholder. You’ll want to balance the benefits of your rewards program against that annual fee to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth.
- How do you want to earn your rewards? Some cards adopt a rewards program that pays a flat rate – usually one percent – on all purchases made. Others offer increased rewards points for bonus categories that range from things like gas and food to Amazon and Sam’s Club purchases. Some cards lock down these categories, while others rotate them on a quarterly basis.
I prefer rewards cards that offer a little consistency – no rotating categories, please – but still lets me maximize my rewards where I spend the most money. I was recently introduced to the Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card offered through Navy Federal Credit Union, and it checks all of my boxes. Many of my readers know I’m a loyal Navy Federal Credit Union member, and this Flagship Credit Card just gives me one more reason to love this credit union.
The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card is equipped with incredible flagship features and benefits. Like many programs, one point is equal to $0.01. If you earn 50,000 points, you’ll have $50.00 to redeem in cash back, redeem for a gift card, or apply toward a travel purchase.
However, if you love to travel as I do, you’ll earn points in the blink of an eye! That’s because this card offers 3x points for all travel purchases. Purchases that earn triple points fall into three travel buckets:
- Getaways | Think your travel and accommodations when you go on vacation. You’ll earn 3x points on airfare, cruises, hotels, boat rentals, campground fees, travel agencies, and more.
- Travel Experiences | If you’re planning something fun during your vacation, chances are, it falls into this bucket. Paying for admission to amusement parks, museums, and aquariums, along with other popular tourist attractions, will earn you 3x points.
- Everyday Travel | That’s right – you won’t just earn triple points on vacation. Instead, you’ll reap the benefits year-round when you use your Visa Signature Flagship Rewards card to pay for tolls and ferries, parking garage fees, bus passes, Ubers or Lyfts, and other forms of ground transportation.
On top of that, you’ll get double points on all other purchases. Those points will never expire while your account is open, and there are no limits to the number of points you can accumulate, meaning you can save them up for something big – or redeem them however you see fit. And while the card does come with an annual fee of $49, you’ll receive a statement credit of up to $100 to cover the cost of Global Entry or TSA Precheck, which can cut the amount of time you’re stuck in the airport down by half.
Whether you’re looking for your next rewards credit card or your next home mortgage, Navy Federal Credit Union can help you reach your financial goals.