My family and I had an amazing Thanksgiving this year, and there was lots to be thankful for. While Thanksgiving is over, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years are fast approaching which means more holiday cooking is inevitable!
If you saw my Thanksgiving post in partnership with Alouette cheese, you know I love snacking on Alouette while I cook, but that’s not the only way I use Alouette to make my holidays quick and easy! That’s why I’m excited to partner with Alouette again to share my amazing recipe for this Salmon Bake with Alouette Garlic & Herbs Soft Spreadable Cheese. This beautiful dish not only graced our table for Thanksgiving, and was delicious, but can be done at any time this holiday season. Your family would love it!
Growing up in the Caribbean, fish has always been a staple in our household. After all, we lived near the Caribbean Sea and the fishermen would bring their fresh catch to the village for the villagers to purchase. My mother would buy a few pounds, clean, season and either freeze or prepare them for dinner. I would say that we would eat fish at least 3-4 times a week, and even now as an adult, fish dinners mean a lot to me. It’s why it’s always on the menu at Thanksgiving and Christmas, it also helps that my daughter is a pescatarian and it’s her main source of protein during these dinners.
You may have remembered my post about Alouette’s Garlic & Herbs Soft Spreadable Cheese. I have been using it consistently because I just love the taste, and I wanted to do something a bit different with my fish this time. I have done a cream cheese sauce before, but never anything like this, and believe it or not, the Alouette Garlic & Herbs Soft Spreadable Cheese makes this salmon even more tasty. You should give it a try!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Salmon filet with skin
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbsp Course Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Freshly cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Allow salmon plank to come to room temperature.
- Rough dice (chop into medium pieces or however you would prefer) your garlic cloves and yellow onion.
- Brush the baking dish with an ounce of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).
- Brush the flesh-side of the salmon with the remaining ounce of EVOO.
- Scatter the diced garlic and onions directly where you are going to lay the salmon, you want the plank of salmon to lay directly on the diced garlic and onions. Besides all of its taste and health benefits, it’s comforting to know that garlic is a natural fat burner as well.
- Lay the salmon over the garlic and onions. (This is a technique that has been passed down in my family for generations!)
- Sprinkle the coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns over the salmon.
- Spread the Alouette Garlic & Herbs Soft Spreadable Cheese over the entire surface of the salmon.
- Place the salmon in 400°degrees preheated oven on the middle rack.
- Cook for 35 minutes or until the salmon easily flakes with a fork.
- Then turn the oven to high-broil and brown the top, watch this step carefully because you don’t want it to broil the salmon too long and burn.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
While Salmon is always an enjoyable meal, preparing it with the Alouette Garlic & Herbs Soft Spreadable Cheese made it outstanding. It was so delectable that everyone wanted seconds, but don’t just take my word for it, give it a try for yourself!
Learn more about Alouette and keep up with them on social media: