Spending meaningful time with your children is essential. Are you at a loss on what to do? Attempt baking! Baking with kids is so much fun, and they will remember it for a long time. In addition to having a good time, your children will acquire some important concepts and skills! Baking with your kids teaches them about scientific concepts as they combine and interact with diverse ingredients.
Kids learn measurements and enhance their math skills by carefully measuring each essential component with easy baking recipes. That’s only a taste of what they’ll learn while baking. If you want to bake with your kids this weekend, check out these simple recipes; the chocolate chip cookie recipe is yummy, fun, and safe!
Simple Baking Recipes for Kids
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are usually a safe bet! Make these cookies with kids to get them started baking. They’ll love them. Chewy chocolate chip cookies are popular with almost everyone, especially children. They’re tasty to eat and easy to create!
- Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt).
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a separate bowl. Once there are no obvious lumps, add the large egg and egg yolk.
- Then, add the vanilla extract.
- In a mixing dish, combine the dry and wet ingredients. Combine everything using a spatula.
- After the mixture is completely smooth, add the chocolate bits.
- After covering the dough, place it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- After chilling, remove from the fridge and lay aside for 10 minutes to cool and soften at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 163° Celsius.
- Making use of parchment paper is a good way to start.
- Roll three tablespoons of dough into a cookie or use cookie cutters to shape it! Fill your baking pan to the top with cookies. Make sure there is at least an inch of space between each cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. When the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before eating.
2. Banana-based Bread
Baking banana bread is simple and foolproof, making it an excellent hobby to do with your children! There are numerous banana bread recipes in baking books, but here’s one that’s quick and easy to make.
- Preheat the oven to 165° Celsius.
- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with butter.
- Combine the mashed bananas, sugar, egg, and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix together the flour and baking soda. Using a different bowl, mix the dry ingredients before adding them to the banana mixture. After thoroughly mixing, add salt to the batter. Fill the prepared loaf pan halfway with the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit beforehand and bake for 1 hour.
3. Vanilla-flavored Cupcakes
Even if you don’t have a sweet craving, cupcakes are delightful. Baking vanilla cupcakes with children has the extra advantage of allowing them to adorn them with icing and other toppings. Vanilla cupcakes are an excellent method for children to express their creativity. It will be just as much fun for them to bake as it will be to devour delicious cupcakes!
For the cupcake:
- Preheat the oven to 176° Celsius.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs in a separate basin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the wet and dry ingredients, making sure to combine all ingredients properly.
- Slowly add the water to the batterand using a mixer, mix on low speed until well combined.
- Bake the cupcakes on a cupcake pan lined with liners. Half-fill the muffin liners with batter.
- 15-17 minutes in a preheated oven
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and make sure to allow them to cool for 2 minutes.
For the icing:
- Mix the butter and shortening in a mixing bowl and swirl until no lumps remain.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and thoroughly combine.
- Pour in 1 tbsp water or milk, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Thoroughly mix with the remaining water or milk.
- Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes and add with your favorite toppings!