Disclaimer: I was given the products in this post for the purpose of a review.
I was not paid in any way to write this review.
All opinions are my own.
I’m usually pretty quick with my reviews but for some products I really want to give a thorough review. When a product is great there’s no need to rush it but you also don’t want to take your time telling the world that it’s a great product either. When it comes to learning mommy and I also wanted to be sure that it really delivered as well.
Mommy and I were approved for this promotion on Tomoson from the Intellectual Baby Company. With a name like that and with a toddler like me how could I not review this. I love learning and I’m sure I may have mentioned before that I’m currently learning French. I have an extensive book collection and now I’m building my DVD learning library.
If you have been with me from the beginning you would know that I currently get speech therapy services at home. Mommy was concerned and rightly so that I didn’t have the vocabulary that other kids my age has. I could say a few words but not what was expected of me. Can I tell you that this 7 DVD collection has really helped. Guess I just did, didn’t I?
All of the DVD’s are perfect from ages 3 months to 4 years and mommy wished she had known about them when I was much younger. It would certainly have helped then too. Yes it has helped now but it’s always great to have a head start.
The collection included:
- Baby’s First Words: (3M – 2Y) This introduces babies to their body parts and familiar first words while learning to read. Babies learn to read their first 40 words in this volume. Set to lively music, including original music, such as the MonkiSee theme song, your baby will try enjoy learning to read with Howie and Skip.
- All About Colors: (3M – 4Y) This exposes your baby to the brilliant colors that surround them. Your baby will learn to read and identify all their colors with the help of Howie and Skp, two adorable monkeys that like to play MonkiSee.
- All About Shapes: (3M – 4Y) Introduces your baby to the wonderful world of shapes. Your baby will learn to read and recognize all the different shapes with this interactive fun DVD while playing along with their lovable hosts, Howie and Skip.
- Around the House: (3M – 4Y) Join Howie and Skip as they introduce babies and small children to all the wonderful things that are found around the house. Children will learn 20 items such as objects in the home, items in the homes, foods, drinks, and animals that can be found in their environment.
- Action Words: (3M – 4Y) Join Howie and Skip as they learn all about Action Words. This quick paced video will have babies acting out each action while learning to read 30 new action words.
- Animals at the Farm: (3M – 4Y) Join Howie and Skip as they introduce children to the wonderful animals that live at the farm. Children are familiarized with sixteen different animals, the noises they make, and they way they move.
- ABC Roundup: (3M – 4Y) Join the lovable hosts, Howie and Skip, as they introduce children to the alphabet. ABC Roundup features 26 playful poems and includes two new lively, original songs.
Now each video is approximately 30 minutes long, not too long to exhaust me, and combines music and poetry, puppets and real live people and images to help with my vocabulary. It is so entertaining that I don’t even realize that I’m learning because I’m having so much fun watching them. I’m even learning new songs. The theme song “Monkisee, MonkiDo” is super catchy and I try and sing along even though I can’t sing. Mommy sings along with me too.
My favorite and mommy’s favorite was Baby’s First Words. Now I explained before about my speech issue so mommy decided that this was going to be the very first video that we would watch. Notice in the above photo the words and the corresponding photos. For each word there is a corresponding excerpt, whether it be puppets acting out the word or a real live person, they all go hand in hand.
My Speech Therapist has agreed with mommy that this is the best thing that I could have gotten besides my books of course that I continue to read daily. I have been watching the videos for almost a month and my vocabulary has almost doubled. I can point to my body parts and I try and mimic what I see on the TV as well. Check out the following video done by MonkiSee. See what I mean? How could you resist not watching the entire video.
Now the key to learning through these videos is repetition with the help from mommies and daddies of course. Just taking 30 minutes each day to watch them with your little one would benefit your baby and you. You get to spend some quality time with your little one. Mommy doesn’t like watching too much television so this is the next best thing.
Now this DVD collection has made it into our Holiday Gift Guide because mommy and I believe that this makes a great gift for all the little ones out there. Something educational and fun at the same time. This definitely gets my Two Tiny Thumbs Up!
All about MonkiSee:
MonkiSee is a fun and entertaining collection of baby DVD’s that expose babies to upbeat music, original poetry, lovable puppets and real world images. The MonkiSee collection teaches your baby to identify their body parts, colors, shapes and more, all while learning to read. The Monki See series is rich in language and has been proven to increase your baby’s vocabulary.
The MonkiSee Baby DVD series is a fun way for your baby to learn necessary preschool skills such as color and shape recognition. The concepts are introduced in a fun and interactive way. Your baby will love to “monkey around” with the lovable Howie and Skip.
Each Monki See baby dvd volume introduces new concepts to your baby in a playful and entertaining way. The MonkiSee collection is truly learning made fun. You will be amazed at how much your baby learns in this enjoyable manner.
Guaranteed to be your baby’s favorite series – the MonkiSee line of baby DVD’s are products babies love and parents can feel good about.
You can connect with MonkiSee via their Website and their social pages:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.