Having mold in your home is more common than you’d think, especially if you live in an older house or building, but it can also happen in any slightly humid space. Apart from the fact that it looks bad, there is more damage that this fungai can do to you and your household, so you should definitely get rid of it as soon as you notice it in your residence. Here are the health risks of having mold in your home and how to remove it!
What is Mold?
Even if you have no idea what mold actually is, you’ve probably seen it in people’s homes, it’s actually a regular occurrence! Essentially, it’s a form of fungus that accumulates in one area, regardless if it’s indoors or outdoors – usually in humid spaces! So damp and humid spaces like bathrooms and basements are common places where it can grow, but you can find it in other indoor spaces as well, especially in older houses and buildings.
The Health Risks
You shouldn’t be scared of mold too much, especially if it’s just starting to show – but being around it and letting it spread further can cause some health problems over time! Usually, it can irritate your nose because of the smell, your eyes, and your throat – when you think about it you are exposed to its odor and you are inevitably inhaling it, which is obviously bad for you! Some people are more at risk than others, people with chronic lung problems and asthma are more likely to suffer from mold exposure than people with regular respiratory function. Breathing in mold spores is never good, even if you have no allergies or lung problems prior to the exposure, you should always try to get rid of it and avoid the exposure as much as possible!
How To Get Rid Of It
There are so many ways you can go about it, but you should act fast before it spreads a lot and covers more area – the less area you have to work with the faster you’ll get rid of the problem! So what can you actually do to solve this? The answer depends on the level of damage, or level of contamination you have to deal with, on top of that you need to consider your own health when dealing with such allergens!
Call a Professional
First things first, after inspecting your home you need to see how severe the mold problem actually is. Sometimes, it can hide under rugs and seemingly secret areas, spreading silently – this way things can easily get out of hand. So if things are looking like you can’t handle it on your own, like mold removal Dallas companies suggest, calling a professional to do the work is a better option. This is crucial, especially if you are allergic, you don’t have the right tools and safety equipment like professionals do. So in order to ensure that the job is done correctly, you might want to call a service instead of trying yourself and simultaneously getting an allergic erection!
If your home is not extremely infected with mold, you can easily solve the problem by yourself, even with some things you can find in your kitchen! In most cases, you can get away with using only 3% hydrogen peroxide and just damping the area until it’s saturated. On the other hand, a more natural solution would be mixing baking soda and water and also letting the area gets saturated so that you can easily scrub it from mold! So this means that you can easily solve the problem if you catch it on time!
Prevention is The key
Lastly, after you’ve gotten rid of your mold problem, you need to work on preventing it from coming back! It can be a bit tricky if you already live in a mold-prone house or building, but there are always different ways you can help prevent contamination. Inspect the house and never ignore symptoms even if they are small, also add a device that can detect water leaks – as water leakage is one of the reasons mold finds its way back to your home! This shouldn’t be so dangerous and harmful to you and your home, but it’s always better to prevent the problem from coming back than to deal with it twice!
At the end of the day, you shouldn’t be afraid of mold, but you shouldn’t look past it either, no matter how small the discoloration might be – always check for mold! This also applies to everyone, not just those who are allergic and suffer from asthma, you should always improve the quality of your living situation!