Build-A-Bear Workshop recently launched its 11th annual search for Huggable Heroes, to recognize and reward charitable-minded youths making the world a better place.
From now until June 12, you can nominate a young social entrepreneur between the ages of eight through 18 by visiting buildabear.com/huggableheroes or Build-A-Bear Workshop stores nationwide. Ten winners will each receive a $5,000 scholarship and a $2,500 donation to a designated charity of their choice.
Build-A-Bear Workshop Huggable Heroes Nomination Instructions:
- From May 1 to June 12, you can nominate a young hero when you visit www.buildabear.com/huggableheroes or Build-A-Bear Workshop stores across the country.
- Kids ages 8 through 18 can be nominated via an entry form online at www.buildabear.com/huggableheroes or at Build-A-Bear Workshop stores in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Entries require short answer response to the community service questions about someone or yourself who has made/makes a difference to the quality of life in their community and/or around the world.
- 50 finalists will be announced on July 9 and 10 selected young volunteers will be named Huggable Heroes on July 30, with each receiving $7,500 in scholarships and prizes.
Additional Noteworthy Stats about Huggable Heroes:
- To date, more than 12,000 young people have participated in the Huggable Heroes program and Build-A-Bear Workshop has awarded over $1 million to these most charitable-minded youths in the country.
- Collectively, the Huggable Heroes have recruited thousands of volunteers, gathered more than 300 million items, and raised more than $10 million for their causes.
Disclosure: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored this post will be compensating me with a gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be good for my readers. Sweepstakes is not sponsored by Facebook or any other social media site.I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”