There are few recipes that I just love making and I just love Stuffed Peppers, there are so many ways you can make them your very own. I recently shared a recipe for Mini Taco Stuffed Peppers With Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce and today I want to share with you this Amazing Stuffed Peppers recipe. They not only make great appetizers but they are also super delicious. If you have picky eaters they just might enjoy having these stuffed peppers. We added cheese to the top of our peppers to give it an extra kick, after all cheese just makes everything taste better. Don’t just take my word for it, give it a try.
Here is what you’ll need:
6 medium bell peppers
1 pound of lean ground turkey
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 14-15 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 tbs. garlic powder
1 tbs. onion powder
1 tbs. cumin
1 tbs. paprika
1 C. brown rice, cooked according to package directions
1/2 C. shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
Salt to taste (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Brown the lean turkey with the diced onion and minced garlic and drain fat. Set turkey mixture aside in a medium size bowl.
3. Open the canned tomatoes and drain the liquid from the can into the bottom of a baking dish (I used a 9×9 square pan). Add the tomatoes and all the seasonings to the browned turkey. Add in the brown rice, mixing well. Finally, add in 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. (this can also be optional but I guarantee you’ll love it this way, I only added cheese to the tops of the peppers prior to baking).
4. Slice the tops off the peppers and boil for 3 minutes on high to soften.
5. Remove from the water and allow the peppers to cool a few minutes. Place in the baking dish and fill each with the turkey mixture.
6. Top each pepper with the remaining shredded cheese.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes to heat through.
*Makes 6 servings 1 pepper = 1 serving.