July 4th is fast approaching, how will you be celebrating? We share 10 ways you can celebrate the 4th of July.
July 4th, the 4th of July or Independence Day, no matter how you say it, it’s a day of celebration. It’s the day the United States of America declared their independence in 1776. Every year we celebrate this historic event, and there are always so many things that you can do on this day. Here are just 10 of them.
1. Go see the fireworks: What is a 4th of July celebration without a bit of fireworks? It just seems like they go hand in hand. John Adams envisioned fireworks as part of our celebration as a way to lift our spirits, and the very first fireworks were done on July 4, 1977.
2. Go to a parade: Enjoy the parade held by your city. After all it’s free! Watch the marching bands and floats go by and wave your flags.
3. Light your own fireworks: If you can’t make it to see the fireworks, you can bring the fireworks to you. However be aware of your state’s regulations and keep a fire extinguisher close by.
4. Go to a concert or a baseball game: Many cities have a free 4th of July concert in the parks which is a great way to join in the celebration. The traditional 4th of July baseball game is also another great way to celebrate. Take your family to both or either one and enjoy the day. You can even host your own baseball game.
5. Have a BBQ/Cookout: A backyard BBQ is just what’s done on the 4th of July. Invite a few friends and have the traditional 4th of July foods, such as the burgers and hot dogs. Spend some time with friends and not only celebrate but enjoy your time together.
6. Visit a National State Park: Is there a National Park that you’ve been yearning to visit? Why not do it on July 4th. After all it’s a national holiday and the kids are home from school. And what better to celebrate than visiting a National State Park? While each state does not have a national state park, each state does have a state park, the choice is yours.
7. 4th of July Decorations: You can decorate your home with the traditional red, white and blue. Fly the American Flag outdoors, and get some patriotic colors for the indoors as well.
8. Make some patriotic arts and craft: If you have kids, this a another great way to celebrate. Have them make cards, or even a flag. There is so much you can do. If you need inspiration, just check out Pinterest.
9. Dress in Patriotic Clothing: What better way to show your national pride than to dress up in the nation’s colors. The traditional red, white and blue is a great way to show your love and to celebrate. Clothing stores usually have special 4th of July tees, but you can also make your own if you prefer.
10. Get on a military base: If you live close to a military base, celebrate with those who are fighting for our country and even those who have served. Each military base usually holds their own celebration complete with activities for the entire family, food and ending with fireworks. Check your local base for more information.