If you are confused between innerspring and memory foam, then a hybrid mattress might be the right answer. A hybrid mattress is a multi-layer bed, which is a mix of innerspring and memory foam, latex, or gel. While the foam layers keep you comfortable and cozy, the innerspring layer provides sturdiness.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF A HYBRID MATTRESS?
Generally, a hybrid mattress is made of four layers (it can vary across brands). They are;
- Base Layer: The base layer usually consists of foam, which is present to provide padding and stability.
- Support Core: Pocket-spring coils and springs that are designed to provide spinal support make up this layer.
- Comfort Layer: Just like the name suggests, this is the top layer that comes with foam, latex, or cooling gel.
- Pillow Top: This layer can be added if you require extra padding.
- Set a budget: Right from $1200 to $4000, there are hybrid mattresses available in different price ranges. So, once you narrow down your budget, you will be able to choose the right fit.
- Comfort: Check if the mattress is comfortable; give it a try.
- Read Reviews: Today, we live in a tech-savvy world; you will find reviews for anything and everything online. So, take a look at the reviews of the bed you have finalized.
- Warranty: Finally, see what additional benefits you can extract from the brand. For instance, some brands even provide a 10-year warranty.
HOW LONG DO HYBRID MATTRESSES LAST?
If you are planning on buying a mattress, it is vital that you consider its shelf life. After all, buying a bed is a big investment. So, a hybrid mattress can last between 7 to 10 years if cared for properly. In fact, it is always advisable to replace your mattress every 10 years.
HOW MUCH DOES A HYBRID MATTRESS COST?
The approximate cost of a queen-sized hybrid mattress starts from $1200 and can go up to $4000. Today, to make things easier, there are easy mattress financing that can help you purchase your dream mattress without any hassles.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A HYBRID MATTRESS?
Hybrid mattresses are immensely popular today because they offer the best of both worlds, i.e., innerspring and memory foam. So, what are its advantages? Take a look.
DOESN’T SINK AS YOU SLEEP
A common complaint of memory foam users is that they create a sinking feeling, which not everyone loves. But, with a hybrid mattress, you are in for more bounce and less sinking. It controls any motion transfer, which means you can enjoy a peaceful sleep.
THEY ARE COMFORTABLE
The topmost layer of the mattress contours your body in such a way that it feels like a warm embrace. And, when this is mixed with the pocket-coil springs, a weightless feeling is what you experience.
THEY OFFER GREAT VALUE
As we mentioned earlier, buying a mattress is a big investment. And, since a hybrid mattress lasts for at least 7 years, it is a wise investment, and you can customize it the way you want. Buying a lower-cost hybrid mattress is also of great value.
THEY ARE BREATHABLE
Plain memory foam mattresses can get hot and steamy at night; however, with hybrid, that’s not the case because you have an innerspring core. It keeps your bed cool, ensuring there is no disturbance to your sleep.
REDUCTION IN MOTION TRANSFER
The motion transfer of a hybrid mattress is better than a normal spring mattress. Traditional innerspring mattresses are interconnected, which means their weight distribution is not so great. However, hybrid mattresses have pocket-spring coils. Hence, they do a good job in reducing the motion transfer.
HELPS WITH PAIN RELIEF
Hybrid mattresses contour the body, which means it provides pressure point relief where you most need it, which includes, neck, back, hips, and shoulder. The spring core corrects your sleep posture and provides spinal support. And the comfort layer helps relieve any soreness from the body. This is good for you if you are someone who suffers from chronic pain.
So, now you know what makes a hybrid mattress so great!