I promised that I would review the Britax Pavilion Convertible Car Seat when I reviewed the First Years True Fit SI C680 Car Seat. You can read our review HERE.
I currently use the Britax Pavilion 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat in Sophia and I love it. Britax has a great track record when it comes to car crashes. My very first car seat was the Britax Chaperone Infant Car Seat. I was getting too big for my Chaperone so mommy decided that she would get me a bigger car seat and she looked no further than Britax.
Yes we purchased this with our own funds. This wasn’t a freebie.
The Britax Pavilion minimum weight requirement is 5lbs and has a maximum weight requirement of 70lbs and can be used both rear and forward facing. It can be used rear facing from 5-40lbs and forward facing 20-70lbs. I’m currently using mine rear facing since it’s been recommended that babies/toddlers should remain rear facing until at least the age of 3.
It comes with the following features:
- True Side Impact Protection to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them in true or aligned
- Click and Safe Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated steel bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa Tether features a staged release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat.
|Me in my Britax Pavilion 70-G3|
This was a cinch to install since mommy’s mini van came with the latch/anchor system and it took about 2 minutes to do. The only con I have with the car seat is that the no rethread harness system is not as easy as the First Years is.
It is also airplane approved but I don’t think you’ll want to take this on the plane. It is rather bulky.
Do I recommend this seat? I actually do for your toddler but not necessarily your newborn. Like I mentioned in the First Years Review this also is not a car seat that you want to take in and out of your car because of the size. I’d recommend the Britax Chaperone or any other INFANT car seat that is easily removable without having to disturb your baby. The Pavilion does come in a variety of prints and I’m sure you’ll find one that you’ll both love.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate / referral links!