It’s Friday and I have a special treat for you. Can you believe that the Christmas is almost here. Seems like the year just started but I’m highly anticipating the holidays. The holiday season we know is all about peppermint, sorry pumpkin but your time has come and gone. Well not quite, I still love you but peppermint is where it’s at right now. Now while I love peppermint there’s nothing that I love more than chocolate, combine that with Oreos and we have a hit. How about combining all three and you have our White Chocolate Dipped Oreo Pops. I just know that you’re going to love them and that’s why I’m sharing my recipe with you today. Enjoy!
Here is what you’ll need:
*Makes approximately 12-15 cookies. 2 Chocolate Dipped Cookies = 1 Serving
12-15 black & white sandwich cookies, any brand
12 oz. Wilton white candy melts
1 package of Wilton candy sticks
1 package of Andes Peppermint Baking Bits
1. Carefully remove the tops of each black & white sandwich cookie and set aside. Next, line a baking sheet with foil (prevent sticking and makes for easy clean up).
2. Pour the Wilton candy melts into a microwavable safe dish. Microwave in 30 second increments stirring every 30 second until melted. My microwave took about 2-3 minutes.
Allow the chocolate to cool a few minutes before working with it.
3. Place the cookie halves, filling side up on the foil lined baking sheet. Using a small spoon, place a small dollop of melted chocolate right on white sandwich cookie filling. Place the stick in the chocolate and then replace the top.
Repeat this step with the rest of your cookies. The melted chocolate will set and act like glue. Trust me, you’ll be happy you did it this way and they stick!
4. Once all the cookies have a stick and a top, place the baking sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes so the chocolate fully sets.
5. By this time, you may want to place the melted chocolate dish back in the microwave. If the chocolate has started to set simply microwave again for 20-30 seconds, stirring until melted.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the fridge and dip each cookie into the chocolate. Use a spoon to help coat the cookie and allow the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
Lay the chocolate dipped cookie back onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with a few of the Andes Peppermint Baking Bits.
7. Repeat the dipping process with the rest of the cookies.
8. Once all the cookies are dipped, place the baking sheet back in the fridge for about 20 minutes so the cookies set.
If not serving immediately, store in a cool dry area (or the fridge).