This week it was all about our easy. We shared our very easy to make Traditional Christmas Tablescape and also a super easy recipe that you can serve to your family this holiday. When we shared our tablescape, you may have noticed our table included food. After all, you can’t have a family dinner without the food, so we promised that we would share the recipes as well. We have already shared our very delicious Cornish Hens with Herb Fingerling Potatoes and today I want to share with you our Mixed Collard Greens, Kale & Zucchini.
Kale was a big thing in the summer and if you have never had Kale I would suggest giving it a try. Kale chips is by far one of the easiest chips that you can make and it is pretty good too. The kids just love it. You can also do smoothies with kale and kale believe it or not has been dubbed one of the worlds healthiest foods. Packed full of nutritional value it is also a good source of dietary fiber. So while you’re stuffing your face this holidays with all the yummy foods that you are going to be making, don’t forget your fiber, in this case, don’t forget your kale.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 6 cups of collard greens, stems removed, and greens cut into small pieces
- 4 cups of kale, stems removed, and kale cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Using a large skillet (or similar pan), over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp of EVOO. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute until translucent. Remove onions to a bowl, set aside.
- Add two more Tbsp of EVOO, add collard greens, constantly stir until greens are bright green.
- Add kale and continue to cook for 5 – 6 minutes. Remove collard greens and kale from skillet into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add last Tbsp of EVOO, and over high heat quick fry zucchini, when zucchini are slightly browned transfer into the collard greens and kale mixture, add onions and toss with Old Bay, pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy.