This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Yes dental accidents happen and more often than not they happen at the most inopportune time. Take for example just a few days ago. A trip planned for Disneyland Paris. A toddler at her prime just waiting for her big day to meet Mickey Mouse, only to wake up with an aching tooth and a swollen cheek? What’s a mom to do? Luckily for me I have MetLife TRICARE Dental and was able to make one phone call to get some information on whether or not we’ll be covered while traveling internationally. The good news was that we were. While I was more concerned about whether or not she was ok, she was more concerned about whether or not she’ll get to meet Mickey Mouse. As a TRICARE Dental Ambassador I am pleased to say that I’ve been impressed with what I’ve learned the past 3 months of my ambassadorship. If you haven’t read my past posts, you may want to take a look at posts where we talked about the TRICARE Dental Premium Changes, or how TRICARE DENTAL has your kids covered. I’m living testimony as to how they have come through for me over and over again.
Being far away from home and your dentist can be tough. Being far away in an international country can be even worse if you don’t have dental coverage. However with MetLife TRICARE Dental you don’t have to worry. Coverage is covered internationally in the event of an emergency and a quick look on their website can give you the number to call where you can get help. I was able to speak to a representative who encouraged me to make an appointment as soon as possible, and and luckily for me I was able to get one in a few days. I could have the insurance company be contacted by the dental clinic or pay upfront and be reimbursed upon our return. That option was a lot quicker so it was the one I chose. The dental system in the UK was amazing and Madison was able to see a dental provider and get the work done that she needed, and me, I was able to not have to worry about if she will be ok.
The month of March is almost over but there may still be a few things that you may not know. For example DID YOU KNOW?:
1. TRICARE Dental enrollees have access to one of the largest civilian dental network with over 250,000 dental locations!
2. Your sponsor’s family is not automatically enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program even though they may have TRICARE medical? Dental coverage requires enrollment and it is done easily on-line (www.tricare.mil/bwe), by phone (1-855-638-8371) or by filling out an enrollment form and mailing it to us or faxing (1-855-763-1337)
3. Premiums are competitively priced, there are no annual deductibles or co-payments, and there are low or no cost-shares on many dental services – including preventive and diagnostic.
4. The TDP has an Accidental Annual Maximum of $1,200 per beneficiary per plan year that can help your sponsor prepare for that unexpected tooth injury? That’s right, that tooth injury that happens at the park, during a sporting event or tripping over that random bump in the floor – the treatment and services may be covered AND this annual maximum is separate from the $1,300 plan annual maximum per beneficiary per plan year.
5. The TDP will coordinate with another supplemental dental insurance carrier, but it’s always a good idea to compare other plans with the TDP.
So if you’re qualified to enroll in the MetLife TRICARE Dental program, what are you waiting for? Do it today because dental accidents to happen and you want/need to be prepared.
There are 4 easy ways to enroll!
1. Online visit www.tricare.mil/bwe
2. Call 1-855-638-8371 CONUS, 1-855-638-8372 OCONUS, or 1-855-638-8373 TDD/TTY
3. Fax a completed Enrollment Authorization document (found on www.tricare.mil/tdp) to 1-855-763-1337
4. Mail a completed Enrollment Authorization document to MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, P.O. Box 14185 Lexington, KY 40512
For additional program information, visit www.metlife.com/tricare
For more information and to connect you may also visit: