Anyone with an eyesight concern can relate to how eyeglasses are one of the essential parts of life. As soon as your eye doctor has prescribed you to wear it, you need to keep them handy. However, purchasing and fixing eyeglasses can hurt your wallet. In this article, we will find out the best possible and most affordable ways to fix your eyeglasses.
Not residing in an area with access to cheap glasses and low repair costs can be a worrisome matter. The good news is that we have brought up some reliable information that will guide you to pragmatic and economical ways to save your money.
How can you save money regarding eyeglasses?
We have summed up some tips that will help you reduce your eyewear expenses. Let’s have a look at it.
Buy eyeglasses online
Purchasing your eyeglasses online, availing coupons, discounts, and rebates can benefit you in many ways. You can try wearing eyeglasses from the convenience of your home. You don’t have to worry about the commute cost to the shop. Moreover, you can go for the free-shipment procedure. In this way, your wallet will be relieved and you will be able to save your time and energy.
Recycle old eyeglasses
If your eyeglasses are in working condition, why do you feel the need to change them? You can still go with your existing glasses by following some tactics. For example, you can turn them into new glasses by decorating them using DIY ideas.
If your prescription is changed and your frame is in relatively good shape, you can also replace the lenses of your old eyeglasses. Similarly, if the prescription is the same and your frames need a change, you can just spend in a basic frame and re-use the good old lenses.
Look for a free trial
Just as you look for online deals, you can get yourself surrounded by free trial offers provided by some brands. Keep on checking the websites to avail the lucky moment.
Bonus tip: If you wear your eyeglasses only at your home and wear contact lenses when you leave, then there is no need to look for exorbitant eyeglasses that are worth a hundred bucks. Just go and purchase an ordinary pair of glasses that are comfortable for you.
Getting new lenses fixed with an old frame
To adhere to the same eyeglasses and make changes is the most economical approach. But to get along with it, we need to consider some points that are discussed below:
- It is better to get a new prescription for your eyeglasses from your eye doctor after having a recent eye exam. It is believed that eyeglasses prescriptions are valid for 1-2 years, so you would not want to waste money by putting in lenses with an old prescription.
- Decide what type of lenses will work best for you according to your prescription because there are several types of lenses, from thinnest to thickest. Other types can be single vision, computer lenses, or progressive ones.
Companies that are providing low-cost replacement of lenses online
We have come up with a list of online companies that currently offer the best deals for replacing lenses. Let’s have a look.
- GlassesUSA, a company that can provide you with new lenses that will be light on your pocket. They keep designer brands as well, like Ray-Ban and Coach. If you buy from their clearance sale, you can avail up to 60% and 30% off. Shipping is also free.
- Overnightglasses is also an option for low-cost lenses available online. It ensures lower prices, better quality lenses, and the fastest delivery. The types of lenses vary from Progressive, Bifocal, Reading to Distance lenses. You can also avail their service of using new lenses for old frames.
- Zennioptical is another company which is offering the cheapest eyewear, starting from $6.95.
- Eyebuydirect offers student and veteran discounts and some of the branded eyeglasses and lenses at a low budget. They also give you a buy one get one free offer.
- Warby Parker lets you avail good quality eyewear at a very acceptable price, and you can get free shipping as well.
You can save money this way too.
- Firstly, note down your prescription and keep a record of it. It is important.
- Hop on an eyeglasses shop, try several frames of different colors and styles, and decide which suits you best. Note down the model’s number/name.
- Search online for the frames you have chosen and compare the price that you were offered at the shop.
- Lastly, do not forget to sell your old eyeglasses online by finding a person with the same prescription as yours.
Hence, we see there are numerous ways to get the eyeglasses fixed without stretching your budget. The role of eyeglasses in everyday life cannot be compromised, so one has to look at the functionality as well as the cost for making such vital decisions.