Need a reason to take your kids to the fair? Today we share 5!
It’s officially the first day of summer and with the summer comes state fairs and carnivals. The State Fair is a great place to spend a summer day with your child. Refreshening tall glasses of lemonade, fun rides, and a sneak peak at farm life in the livestock area, all things that you get to look forward to. No matter where you are from, or what you and your child like, you will find something right up your alley at your local State Fair. If you’re on the fence about taking your child to the fair, today we share a few reasons why it’s actually a good idea.
1. Childhood memories. The State Fair is packed full of fun things for kids and families to do. It’s one of those places you can’t go without creating lasting memories. Taking your child to the state’s fair give them quality time spent with you that they can think back to when they are older. Don’t forget the camera, or smart phone so you can record those memories as well.
2. New experiences. To grow as a person we must live and experience new things. The State Fair is full of chances to try something new. You could encourage your child to try a new food, try a ride that takes them out of their comfort zone or even pet a new animal at the petting zoo. It’s often hard going to the State Fair and not come away with a new experience that builds your child into the person they are meant to be.
3. Plenty of sensory stimulation. Even the youngest of kids can benefit from visiting the State Fair long before they are old enough to go on the tilt-a-whirl. With lights, colors, and people everywhere, even babies can have plenty of visual stimulation. Older babies and toddlers can venture a bit and experience touch at the petting zoo or food from a vender. And well it’s the state fair so everyone gets to experience new smells.
4. A great workout. We all need to get more physical activity in and the State Fair is a great place to do it. Yes you may be tempted to eat some of those fattening treats, but you are also giving yourself a great opportunity to walk, climb, and even test your strength. There’s a reason you feel it all over the next day. Going to the State Fair is a great, and fun workout. Don’t believe me, just take that FitBit for a spin.
5. Just for fun. Life is short and having a bit of fun is important for you and your children. Plan a fun day out at the local State Fair and discover all kinds of fun things to do, from live music to nearly anything under the sun… fried. Get a map on your way in and look for the things your family will love so everyone has a little fun.
Now that we’ve shared our reasons, find out when your State Fair begins and plan to take the entire family this year.