This is a sponsored post written on behalf of SANUS
As a family of 6 with a Flat Panel TV in every room, even my room, we were a little alarmed to find out that a number of little ones like myself have been hurt due to TV tipovers. When we were contacted by the SANUS company offering to give my readers a TV mount in exchange for this post, we figured why not? After all what’s better than educating the masses right?
For many Americans, a flat panel TV is a great way to enjoy family time and entertainment. However, most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
· A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
· Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
· Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
· An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
· Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%.
SANUS TV Mounting Tips:
· Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
Take a look at the SANUS TV Safety Video:
SANUS encourages you to join their efforts and advocate mounting of flat panel TV’s in your homes.
Sanus would like to offer one of my readers a complimentary flat panel SANUS TV Vuepoint Mount F180, courtesy of SANUS. The reader can receive a mount that fits their respective TV.
Please note that this will not include the actual installation of the equipment.
Giveaway is opened to residents of the US and will be delivered by SANUS. Winner will be randomly selected by PunchTab and will have 48hrs to respond the email sent. In the event that the winner does not respond a new winner will be announced. Giveaway ends on 7/28. Good luck!
Disclosure: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me with a gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”