Disclaimer: I’m a Joovy Blogger and received products for review purposes. No other compensation was received. Though the product was free, opinions are 100% my very own.
We just celebrated National Car Seat Safety Month in September. If it’s one thing that mommy and I really advocate for is the safety of all children when traveling. It’s always important to buckle up. A car seat is something that is needed before you can leave the hospital with your baby. While there are lots of different models available on the market right now, the most important things that you want to look for when choosing one for your baby. Here are just a few of our tips:
- Ease of use – You don’t want to be fighting putting a car seat in and out of your car, especially in the middle of winter.
- Five Point Safety Harness – These are a lot safer for your babies use and you’ll feel safer too.
- Car Seat Base – This makes it easy to get in and out of your car. Make sure that it is installed properly in your car. If you need help there are car seat safety check centers that can help you.
- Easy to Clean and Comfortable – Look for one that is easy to clean. There’s nothing worse than having a car seat that is dirty with your little one. Lots of car seats now have covers that can be easily removed. Also look for a seat that is padded and comfortable for your little one. After all this is going to be their place to sit for a few years.
Now one good way to encourage your little one to love their own car seat is to introduce them to one for play. I received the Joovy Toy Car Seat for my dolls and I couldn’t have been more delighted. If you’re wondering, it is also available in blue so little boys can also get in on the educational fun.
You may be saying, “So how is this the real deal, isn’t it just a toy?”. While that may be true, it’s more than just a toy. Just like all Joovy products, this is very well made. Once again Joovy didn’t skimp on the materials to make this product. This is really heavy duty stuff and not the cheap plastic that most toys are made of. This was built to last!
- This comes complete with a real 5-point harness for your dolls 12″ to 20″. Love the fact that it is adjustable because it teaches me how to my chest clip should be positioned correctly.
- Has a two position handle grip which is ergonomically designed for small hands. Just look at me holding Minnie Mouse in her car seat above with my tiny hands. I’m only 2 years of age and it was super easy for me to hold.
- The base is removable and this can actually be installed in your car using your seat belts, or you can use the included LATCH that comes with the toy car seat. When the base is removed the toy car seat becomes a rocker that your little one can use to rock his/her toy doll or stuffed animal.
- Just like your actual car seat, the fabric on this toy car seat can be removed and washed as well for easy clean up.
Now one of the great thing about the Joovy Toy Car Seat is that it is fully compatible with the Joovy Toy Caboose Stroller. You can read my full review of the stroller which I shared with you. It makes it the best travel system available on the market for your little one’s stuffed animal or doll. Just like the real deal!
I really enjoyed not only pushing my travel system around but I also enjoyed walking around with the car seat just like a mommy would with their baby. Minnie enjoyed the ride and I enjoyed walking with her. Mommy wanted to help and I said “I can do it myself”. No help needed!
Your little one is going to thoroughly enjoy the Joovy Toy Car Seat and so will you. You will both love the realistic feel to it and now your little ones will enjoy the fact that not only is it important to buckle up but that it looks totally cool doing it too. I would also recommend getting the Toy Caboose as well and complete the system. You won’t regret it. And that’s why the Joovy Toy Car Seat gets my TWO TINY THUMBS UP!
You can purchase your Joovy Car Seat online at the Joovy online store.
Here are the ways you can connect with Joovy and learn more about their amazing products:
Disclosure: Growing Up Madison receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission for payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. Giveaways are not sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or any other social media site. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”