In honor of Pet Dental Health Month, I wanted to share the importance of maintaining your dog’s dental health.
This post is sponsored by WHIMZEES® but the content and opinions expressed here are my own..
Bentley our adorable cocker spaniel has been part of our lives for the past six years and I can’t see ourselves living without him. We feed him the best food, take him to get groomed regularly, and while there he gets his teeth brushed and taken care of. However, after a few days home, I would notice that his breath wasn’t as fresh as it was when he got groomed. I’ve tried brushing his teeth myself but for some reason, he didn’t enjoy it, and neither did I, and I eventually gave up.
However, a few days ago while shopping for new doggy toys in Target, I happened upon a section of new dental dog chews named WHIMZEES® from WellPet. If you know me, I’m all about natural living and I want nothing but the best for my dogs, so I picked up and read the packaging, and when I saw that it contained natural ingredients and not only reduces plaque and tartar but bad breath too, I knew that I had to give them a try. I got a package based on his weight (Small for dogs 15-2lbs) and took them home.
Just as with humans, dogs can develop dental diseases if their dental hygiene isn’t taken care of properly. As a matter of fact, dental disease is the #1 health issue for dogs. In fact, 80% of adult dogs have dental disease, which could mean other health issues down the road. Health issues also mean lots of money spent at the vet. But many dog owners aren’t aware of this. And while we enjoy receiving Bentley’s doggy kisses, it’s just better when his breath is fresh. That’s where WHIMZEES® comes in.
WHIMZEES® is a natural dental chew that reduces plaque, tartar, and bad breath and all it takes is one treat per day under supervision to ensure that your dog is chewing the treat adequately, and not swallowing it in big chunks as some dogs are known to do with their food. Also, ensure that there is fresh water available. WHIMZEES® knows that healthy smiles are happy smiles.
SO WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WHIMZEES®:
- They’re a healthy option for dogs with food sensitivities as they are vegetarian and grain-free.
- They not only prevent bad breath and tartar buildup but the knobby shape ensures proper blood flow through the gums.
- Their hollow shapes and spaces allow your dog’s teeth to easily grip and chew, with grooves that get in between the smaller spaces.
- They are low fat and rich in vitamins and antioxidants, and they also contain fiber to aid in good digestive health and promote regularity.
- They are produced sustainably with no artificial ingredients, flavors, preservatives, colors or GMOs, meat, or gluten.
So the next time you’re in Target be sure to pick up a package of WHIMZEES® from WellPet based on your dogs’ weight and take care of your dog’s dental health.