Black Angus rib-eye pieces of steak with sweet potato frites, kale, and mushrooms is one of Sun Basket’s featured meal kits under the Mediterranean diet category. Soft, delicious, nutrient-dense, and quite filling, this can be a perfect lunch or dinner option packed with protein, carbs, minerals plus vitamins, and low on calories and cholesterol.
For starters, Sun Basket is a popular service that delivers meal boxes/meal kits. This brand specializes in different kinds of diets, including Mediterranean, Paleo, Vegan, Pescatarian, and much more. This meal-delivery service caters to vegans, omnivores, and other types of eaters with its wide range of diets.
Here’s an informative review that covers nearly all aspects of it, including how it works, what to like about it, and what not to like about it. If you are looking for a trustworthy meal delivery service to subscribe to, I would recommend Sun Basket because;
- They offer a wide range of diets as you can see.
- Their meal kits come with perfect step by step cooking instructions.
- They offer free shipping to first customers.
If you are not a fan of Sun Basket, there are two other reliable meal delivery services you can try. Home Chef and Hello Fresh are excellent alternatives to SB. Just like Sun Basket, Home Chef offers a wide range of diets, including but not limited to vegetarian, carb-conscious diet, and calorie-conscious diet. Hello Fresh, on the other hand, saves subscribers money and time with its affordable meal kits complete with easy-to-follow recipes and prompt deliveries.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET
Inspired by the ancient diets of people who live around the Mediterranean region many centuries ago, the Mediterranean diet is a very popular diet, owing to its incredible health benefits. Developed in the early 1960s, this incredible diet mostly entails fresh fish, whole-grains, vegetables, legumes, fruits, lots of extra-virgin olive oil, and limited beef.
According to this resource, the Mediterranean diet offers the following health benefits:
- Prevention of several diseases including stroke, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and heart disease.
- Reduced risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Increased life span.
- Increased agility such that you can move quickly and easily.
BLACK ANGUS RIB-EYE STEAKS WITH SWEET POTATO FRITES, KALE & MUSHROOM RECIPE
Please note that this recipe yields 2 servings. If you need more than 2 servings, be sure to increase your ingredient amounts proportionately. Plus, it takes a total of just 30 to 45 minutes to get ready. What’s more, it’s gluten-free, carb-conscious, soy-free with zero added sugars. Lastly, it’s great for kids and adults alike.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- An oven.
- A sheet pan.
- A garlic press.
- A small bowl.
- A paper towel.
- A large frying pan.
- A source of heat.
- A cutting board.
INGREDIENTS INCLUDED IN THE MEAL KIT
Sun Basket’s meal kit comes in handy with the following ingredients;
- 2 black Angus rib-eyes or 2 black Angus New York strips(of about 10 oz. each).
- 3 oz. organic shredded kale or other leafy greens of your choice.
- 3 oz. organic button mushrooms of your choice(I prefer organic cremini).
- 4 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 2 organic filet mignons of about 5 oz. each.
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- ½ tsp. sweet smoked paprika.
- 1 clove organic peeled fresh garlic.
- 1 organic sweet potato.
INGREDIENTS NOT INCLUDED IN THE MEAL KIT
Sun Basket’s meal kit does not include the following ingredients, which are equally necessary for making this delicacy;
- Vegetable oil.
1. First, wash and dry your fresh produce before use.
2. Then roast your sweet potato frites by following the steps below:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Next, peel the potato then cut it in half lengthwise, and then cut each half lengthwise into half-inch-thick slices.
- After that, put your potato slices on the sheet pan and drizzle them with 1 tbsp. oil after which season them generously with salt and pepper, tossing them to coat.
- Now, spread your potatoes in an even layer and roast, turning them once halfway through, until they are tender and lightly browned.
3. Then, make your herbed ghee by following the steps below:
- Chop and press sufficient garlic to measure 1 tsp. setting aside half of that for the mushrooms.
- Next, strip your parsley leaves from the stems and coarsely chop them after which set aside half of them for your garnish.
- After that, stir together your paprika, ghee, and a half of each of the parsley and garlic ingredients you just prepared a few minutes ago, in the small bowl.
- Then, season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste after which refrigerate it until the ghee is firm or for 10 minutes.
4. Thereafter, prepare and cook your steaks by following the instructions below:
- Pat dry the steaks using the paper towel and then season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil until hot enough, in the large frying pan, and then add the steaks.
- After that, cook the steaks turning them as frequently as necessary until well browned per side.
- Then, transfer the cooked steaks to the cutting board, letting them cool off.
- Thereafter, cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices and set them aside.
5. The fifth step is to prep and cook your mushrooms and kale or other vegetables of choice by following the steps below:
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Then, add 2 tbsp. oil in the same pan used for the steaks, and warm it over medium heat until hot enough.
- Now, add your mushrooms, seasoning them with salt and pepper.
- Thereafter, cook your mushrooms, stirring them frequently enough, until browned and starting to soften, or for 3 minutes.
- After that, stir in the remaining garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now, stir in the kale followed by half-cup water and cook until the kale is just wilted, or for 1 minute. Tip: Be sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Next, remove the mixture from the heat and season it to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Finally, serve the dish to individual plates and enjoy:
- Transfer the sweet potato frites, steaks, kale, and mushrooms to the plates.
- Then, top the steak with ghee plus the remaining parsley. Tip; serve any remaining ghee on the side.
- Enjoy while still warm.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Calories— 690 Kcal.
- Protein—56 g.
- Carbohydrates—36 g.
- Total Fat—36 g.
- Fiber—6 g.
- Sodium—250 mg.
- Total Sugars—8 g.
Black Angus rib-eye steaks with sweet potato frites, kale and mushrooms are finger-licking good. What’s more, this delicacy is quite filling and packed with amazing health benefits. It can be a perfect option for lunch or dinner that your family will greatly love. To make it, simply go to the recipe above, making sure to adjust your ingredient sizes according to the number of servings you wish to yield. Good luck with it.