Disclaimer: I received products for review purposes. No other compensation was received. Though the product was free, opinions are 100% my very own.
Its summer time and besides watermelons being the official fruit of the summer, I would have to say that ice-cream comes in a close second when it comes to summer treats. While ice-cream is considered a treat in our household it’s not served very often. Mommy prefers for us to eat fruits and veggies and you may be surprised to hear that I actually prefer them over icecream as well. How would you like to be able to make healthy delicious treats within seconds? Is that possible you ask? You sure bet it is! Introducing Yonanas the healthy dessert maker. The only thing that limits you is your own imagination.
Yonanas makes healthy treats from 100% fruit. Now you would think this would be very complicated to use but it really surprised mommy and me. Just take a look at the video below before we go into our actual review. You’ll see exactly what I mean.
We received the Yonanas Maker which included the Yonanas Maker, instruction manual and recipe card. To be honest you really don’t need the recipe card, it is really that easy to use. It is recommended that you use those cheetah spotted bananas, you know the ones that you really don’t like to eat? Well they’re highly recommended. You do need to peel before freezing and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Mommy decided that we weren’t going to stick with just bananas. No we were going to add extra fruits to make it even extra special. So a quick trip to the supermarket to pick up a bag of frozen fruits and it was time to get busy. We had our bananas, strawberries, pineapple, mango and papaya. Now what did I think of my treat when it was all over?
I loved it!! Now I can have fresh healthy frozen delicious goodness in seconds instead of the frozen processed goodies that we pay a lot of money for. Now by now you’ve realized how healthy this is by me saying that it only uses frozen fruits, but if you need to see it in print, here are the reasons why having a Yonanas is so much better for you.
- A bowl of Simply Yonanas (1/2 C serving) = approximately 100 calories. Add in your favorite fruits like blueberries and raspberries or even some high antioxidant dark chocolate and you have created a healthy and delicious treat. The calories may bump up a little bit but you started with an amazing fruit foundation!
- Bananas are high in potassium, a mineral that helps in the building of muscles and protein synthesis.
- Bananas contain all natural energy from three natural sugars: sucrose, fructose and glucose. No other fruit contains more digestible carbohydrates.
- Bananas contain NO sodium, fat or cholesterol.
- Bananas are high in fiber and much of its fiber is soluble, the kind that can help lower cholesterol.
- Bananas are called “brain food” because of its high level of potassium, important for the brain to function.
- Yonanas are a great natural source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, copper, and even protein.
- When you add in other fruits and nuts like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peanuts, almonds to the base of bananas, you add more nutrition including: vitamin C, vitamin K, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, protein, manganese, more potassium and dietary fiber, and loads of antioxidants, making Yonanas a super Superfood.
I do have to say that they Yonanas treat does taste like soft-serve than icecream and what you put in is what you’ll obviously taste. Mommy is now able to get rid of the additional fat, sugar and preservatives and we still love it. Clean up is a breeze and since it’s all dishwasher safe you can toss it in the dishwasher and have it out just like new.
We have been experimenting more with the Yonanas Maker and have made quite a few other treats with different ingredients to get our creativity on. They all taste super yummy and I know that you’ll love it just like we do! Yonanas gets my TWO TINY THUMBS UP!
Here are the ways you can connect with Yonanas:
You didn’t think that I forgot about you my readers did you? Yonanas and I want you to enjoy healthy dessert treats as well. One of you will win a Yonanas Maker which will be delivered by Yonanas. Giveaway is open to residents of the US only and the winner will be randomly selected by PunchTab. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email sent, failure to respond will mean forfeiting your prize and a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
What would you love to make with your Yonanas Dessert Maker?
Disclosure: Growing Up Madison receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission for payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. Giveaways are not sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or any other social media site. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”