I was born in the middle of Winter. January 24th to be exact and pic you see of me, I was only 10 hours old at the time. A lot of you may not know this but I was born 6 weeks early and spent a week in the hospital before I was able to go home. Mommy had a rough time with her pregnancy. At 29 weeks mommy was placed on complete bed rest because I couldn’t wait to meet the rest of the family. It would have been too soon for me but I was in a hurry to see the world. I wanted to be out and about. After all my nursery was done, the clothing was bought and so was my laundry detergent. The one detergent that mommy has used for over 18 years since my sister was born. Dreft has been the only detergent that mommy has used with all four of her children. The only detergent that she has trusted because of our skin sensitivity. After all Dreft is pediatrician recommended and as gentle as a mother’s touch.
The weather is getting cooler and parents will be bundling up their little ones this winter season. One item that parents can trust to be hypoallergenic and gentle on baby’s skin is Dreft, the #1 baby laundry detergent choice of pediatricians. Did you know that Dreft has been around for over 80 years? Dreft comes with a babyhood scent beloved by moms and provides little ones fabrics with an amazing clean, yet it remains safe and hypoallergenic for baby. It is specially formulated to be gentle on baby’s skin but tough on stains, Dreft brings cuddle time to a whole new level of warm and fuzzy this winter season.
Before you bring baby home it’s a very good idea to wash all clothing before wear. Even as a toddler mommy still does that. Being a toddler also means that I now have even more clothing to wash and guess what I still use to wash my laundry? You got it! Dreft of course!
Dreft leaves my clothes feeling baby soft and smelling clean and fresh just like a baby. It can be used in cold water and there is even a special High Efficiency formula for those with brand new High Efficiency (HE) washers. Now here are some tips for using Dreft.
- Sort fabrics before laundering and wash similar colors together.
- Pretreat those oh-so obvious stains.
- Follow the fabric care tag laundering instructions
- Only use the warmest water for safe garments (And check those care tags again!).
- Don’t just toss clothes in the machine like a madman. Be careful. We suggest:
-Start the water in your washer.
-Then add clothes
-Get yourself something to eat
- Use the amount of Dreft recommended. Use more Dreft if you have large loads, or heavy soils. Remove hard water and large capacity washer since that hasn’t been tested.
- Respect your washer or dryer. Don’t overload it.
I was sent some of Dreft’s products and while these are awesome for babies, they are even more awesome for toddlers. The Dreft Laundry Stain Remover is great for stains on your little one’s clothing. Toddlers are stain magnets, we spill things everywhere and this doesn’t disappoint. It really does work and best of all it doesn’t harm the flame resistance of your little one’s sleepwear.
The Dreft Odor Eliminator safely cleans odors on fabrics which may include odors from formula, those smelly diapers and even food.
The all purpose wipes safely cleans surfaces that your little one touches. It doesn’t have any strong odor and is mild and gentle enough for skin. The ingredients comes from natural sources and it won’t irritate your little ones eyes. It’s great for toys, tables, countertops, you name it. If your child touches it, it can be used.
These products are amazing and mommy and I truly do love them. You too can give them a try. Head over to Dreft.com to receive a $2 off coupon for Dreft and give the products a try for yourself!
If you’re a parent, what tips do you have for new moms? If you’re not, what would you like to know? Maybe your question might be answered by an expert mom.
Join us for a #DreftHypo Twitter Party on Thursday, November 6th from 9-10pm as we discuss the best ways to keep baby comfortable and safe from the cold this winter season with pediatrician Dr. Dyan Hes, a New York Magazine 2013 Top Doctor – and mother of two!
- Prize #1 – Our approved blogger Dreft prize pack (2 bottles of Dreft; 1 set of Dreft wipes; 1 laundry stain remover; 1 to-go stain remover; 1 odor eliminator and fabric refresher) + $25 gift card for Little Me clothing and Little Me footie pajamas.
- Prize #2 – Our blogger Dreft prize pack + $50 gift card for Little Me clothing+ 1 Little Me Cable Sweater and Hat set
- Prize #3: Our blogger Dreft prize pack + $75 gift card for Little Me clothing+ 1 Little Me Coverall Unisex Cable Sweater
- Prize #4: Our blogger Dreft prize pack + $100 gift card for Little Me clothing + 1 Little Me Quilted Pram
Here are the ways to connect with Dreft:
Now you too can win a package of Dreft products worth $108. That exact package that you see in the photo above. Products include:
- Dreft Laundry Detergent
- Dreft Laundry Stain Remover
- Dreft Odor Eliminator/Fabric Refresher
- Dreft Multi-Purpose Wipes
- Little Me Footie Pajamas
- $30 Little Me Gift Card
Winner will be randomly selected by PunchTab and will have 48 hours to respond to the email sent. Failure to respond will mean forfeiting your prize and a new winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Disclosure: Growing Up Madison receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission for payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. Giveaways are not sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ or any other social media site. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”