As moms, wives, employees, entrepreneurs, pet owners and community members, I think I speak for most American women when I say we are pulled in several directions on any given day. Someone always needs something from us. Our kids are sent home sick from school, we have a huge deadline to meet, and the taxes are due all on the same day! Life is stressful, and it won’t be slowing down any time soon. In this day and age, we all need to get better about self-care, but that doesn’t have to mean a day off spent at a luxurious spa (though that’d be nice). In reality, we need a little help every day! With the new Snapple® Takes 2 to Mango™ Tea, it can be possible to reset and refresh your day.
No matter how busy I get, crafting is my go to way to reset. There’s just something about doing things with your hands (and your mind), that calms you down. It was after a stressed out day, and going to speak to my therapist, that she recommended doing things with my hands. Whether it be writing, knitting or in my case, working on a craft project. I took her up on the idea and since then there’s been no turning back. However, crafting can get pretty intensive and that’s why I love having something on hand to drink. I was recently in Walmart picking up some crafts supplies for a new craft project, and noticed that Snapple had a brand new flavor of tea, the Takes 2 to Mango Tea and I just knew that I had to give it a try.
Now if you’ve read my profile in my sidebar, you know that I grew up in the Caribbean. I was actually known to climb a mango tree, or two, or three, while growing up there. My parents had mango trees in the backyard, and every time mangoes were in season, I’d be the first to get them. There are so many ways to prepare mango, and I have a huge love of any and everything mango. Call me the mango connoisseur. This new Snapple Takes 2 to Mango Tea does not disappoint. It’s a burst of mango flavor in your mouth and it totally refreshes and resets your day, and you don’t even have to chill it, but it does taste better chilled.
Now if you’re running low on time, I have 6 ways to reset your day in 30 minutes or less.
1. Meditate. Stay with me here! You don’t have to get out a special cushion, light incense and sit cross-legged on the floor. Simply do some deep breathing and clear your mind as best as possible while making dinner or doing another task that doesn’t require concentration. I find it easiest to do this before I fall asleep at night.
2. Get active. Whether your idea of re-centering yourself involves a quick yoga session, a walk around the block in the fresh air, or a ride on the stationary bike, use physical activity as a healthy escape. Sometimes you just have to literally walk away from your stress and return with a clear head.
3. Make time for tea time. I need to find little ways to treat myself, so I grab a Snapple Takes 2 to Mango Tea on my way out the door to pick up my daughter from school in the afternoon. I call it my tea time! After a ride with the windows down and the radio going, I’m re-energized to face the rest of my day. Also whenever I craft, my Snapple Takes 2 to Mango Tea is right there along with me.
4. Write it out. If I want a do-over and don’t want to say or do anything I’ll regret in a stressful moment, I write it in my journal. Lock yourself in your bedroom and allow yourself the 15 minutes it might take to get it all out on paper. You’ll probably have a new perspective on the situation in 24 to 48 hours and will be glad you vented to your journal.
5. Use art therapy. You’ve probably noticed adult coloring books are all the rage right now. Women who use them say they’re a big stress reliever. Whether you color, paint, sew, knit, decoupage, scrapbook, make jewelry or pottery, or any other number of artistic pursuits, prioritize therapeutic creativity. There’s a reason you had art class in elementary school!
6. Play. Let your inner child out by playing with your kids for a half hour every day. Get outside and run around, build a living room fort, or put together a puzzle and talk about their day. Escape your own worries by bonding with them and having fun while doing it.
And don’t forget your Snapple Takes 2 to Mango Tea, available at Walmart.