Let me first apologize if you’re going to be reading this while hungry, but maybe this might entice you to head to Red Lobster to get your Lobster fix, while their Lobsterfest event is happening.
My baby is officially an adult, and I just can’t believe it! OK, she may have become an adult at 18, but she has certainly matured and become more self-aware this birthday. On this day, our mother-daughter relationship changed. I went from being a parent to being a friend. And guess what? I can now legally say cheers with an alcoholic beverage! So what’s the best way to celebrate this milestone? I’ll be sharing with you 5 simple ways to celebrate your child’s 21st birthday, but I also want to share with you how we celebrated, with the help of Red Lobster and Lobsterfest.
Kristal LOVES seafood, and it helps that she’s also a pescatarian, so whenever I’m in doubt of where I should take her, Red Lobster is always our first choice. She can tell you that it was where we also spent her big 18th birthday as well. We just love to celebrate here! On this particular day, we decided to visit our nearest Red Lobster, located at 3510 New Center Pt, here in Colorado Springs. We went a bit earlier in the day since Madison wanted to tag along, and after all, Red Lobster does offer a kids menu.
We were seated pretty quickly and handed our menu by our server Stephanie, who was amazing throughout our meal. She took care of us from start to finish, and I have to recommend her wholeheartedly. If you’re going to MY Red Lobster, please ask for Stephanie!
We ordered our drinks but decided to forego appetizers. Their new menu offered a NEW! Lobster Mix and Match, featuring the choice of any two tails from four options – Creamy Shrimp-Topped Lobster Tail, Seafood-Stuffed Lobster Tail, Steamed Maine Lobster Tail, or Grilled Maine Lobster Tail. However, I knew I wanted the Lobster Lover’s Dream, which features a succulent roasted rock lobster tail and sweet split Maine lobster tail, steamed, and served with Lobster-and-Shrimp Linguine Alfredo.
However, there is such a large selection and something for everyone on the menu.
Our food arrived and it was extraordinary and exceptionally delicious as expected. I couldn’t wait to dig in, and neither did Kristal. She even took a bite out of my meal even though she had her own. Since it was her special day, I let her pass, but she better not do it again. My lobster is mine and mine alone!
Now no meal is complete without dessert and their NEW! Bananas Foster Cheesecake is the bomb!! Our server Stephanie recommended it, and I’m so glad she did. The Bananas Foster Cheesecake features two slices of caramel cheesecake topped with warm, freshly sliced bananas, caramel, and spiced rum and served with vanilla ice cream and candied pecans. The good thing about our server Stephanie is that she mentioned that it contained nuts before we ordered, so I ordered mine separately since I’m allergic to nuts. This was heaven! I say get this whenever you go.
It’s very rare that Kristal and I get to spend time together one on one or just have a girls day together. Since we included Madison on her big day, I promised her that we’ll go back once again, just us. She can’t wait, and neither can I. As I mentioned, my little girl is no longer little, she may be 21 now, but she’ll always be my baby. My firstborn and the one I made all the mistakes with so I can get it right the next time. I have to say that I didn’t make much, and she’s grown up to be a beautiful young lady with a good head on her shoulders, and I couldn’t be more proud to call her my daughter.
Red Lobster’s Lobsterfest made our time together even more memorable because we were coming together to share in a truly delicious meal that we all enjoyed.
As promised! Here are 5 ways to celebrate your child’s 21st birthday.
1. Keep it simple with a dinner date. Whether you invite the whole family or not is up to you. Take her somewhere that serves cocktails so she can proudly flash that ID, without trying too hard by taking her to a bar. (She’ll have plenty of time to do that with friends!) I recently took my daughter to Red Lobster for her 21st birthday because she’s vegetarian, and it’s one of her favorite places to eat (Who can say no to those Cheddar Bay Biscuits?!). I had the Lobster Lover’s Dream, and she had the Stuffed Tilapia with Langostino Lobster. We were not disappointed!
2. Have her order her first alcoholic drink. Trying to think of what to ask a bartender for can be intimidating. How can you know what you like if you don’t taste new things? Since we were celebrating this Lobsterworthy event at Red Lobster, we decided to toast her big day with their new, fruity drinks, the Island Lobster Punch, and the Lobsterfest Fizz. Both of these drinks are served in a limited time collectible Coastal glass that we got to take home with us.
3. Tour a vineyard or brewery. Take it a step further by seeing firsthand how wine and beer are made. Your 21-year-old might have a greater appreciation for alcohol if they understand the process. At the very least, the two of you will have the memory (and you’ll be annoying friends and family with facts from the trip for years to come).
4. Host a theme party. Sushi and sake? Tacos and Margaritas? Oktoberfest complete with a glass boot of beer? You’ve got plenty of options! While you may not be able to control what they do after this night, if your child is drinking at your house, you can keep them from driving (or doing anything else dangerous). Invite family and tell them to invite whoever they want, but be sure to call a cab for anyone who plans to drink.
5. Take her on a short cruise. A three-day cruise to the Bahamas would be fun and memorable, and they are less expensive than you think. Some cocktails come in commemorative cups, and there are plenty of photo opportunities onboard, perfect for capturing the moment in time. There’s constant activity on cruise ships (Their success depends on making sure you have a good time, after all.), and your child can check a new destination off her travel bucket list. While there will be plenty of opportunities to meet people, tell her to bring a friend, and bring one along for yourself. Make it a girls’ weekend and take advantage of the onboard spa!
When all else fails, take her to Red Lobster for this very Lobsterworthy event and celebrate with Lobsterfest. Available for a limited time.
You can connect with Red Lobster via their social channels:
How do you celebrate your significant events?