Last Spring Madison and I traveled to Disneyland® Paris and had an amazing time. Today we want to share some tips on traveling to Disneyland® Paris with little ones, so you too can be prepared.
Disneyland® Paris is the perfect playground for the whole family and an especially magical place for young children. Children’s dreams become reality as they fly over the roofs of London on Peter Pan’s Flight, follow Alice into the labyrinth of Wonderland, interact with Lilo and Stitch, experience the thrill of meeting Mickey Mouse or a Disney Princess for the first time or help their Disney Junior pals create an unforgettable surprise party for Minnie Mouse.
Traveling with toddlers is even easier if you take advantage of the many added conveniences for families with young children. From stroller rentals in the theme parks to kiddie pools, play areas and in-room babysitting at Disney resort hotels, there’s plenty to make traveling with infants and small children hassle-free.
Some tips for visiting Disneyland Paris with children:
- Arrive early in the parks, then take a mid-day break for lunch and naps. Head back to the theme parks mid-afternoon when everyone is well-rested and ready for more fun.
- The “Baby Switch” option lets couples with young children smaller than the height limit (at certain attractions) take turns without having to go back and queue a second time. A parent who waits with a young child while the other parent rides the attraction can get on the ride with minimal wait time once the first parent comes off.
- To save time, use the free FASTPASS® system (subject to availability), accessible to everyone to reduce wait-time at Peter Pan’s Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast in Disneyland Park, at Flying Carpets Over Agrabah in Walt Disney Studios Park. A special machine at the entrance to each of these attractions issues tickets with a specific time. When that time comes, you can access the attraction in just a few minutes via a special entrance.
- Baby Care centers at Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park provide a place to warm up bottles and meals and change children’s diapers. Diapers and baby food can be purchased here, and it’s the place for parents to come if they’ve become separated from their children.
- Stroller Rentals (paying service) located at Town Square Terrace in Disneyland Park and next to Studio Photo in Walt Disney Studios Park.
- Baby cots are available in all six Disneyland® Paris hotels and at Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch.
- For an easy introduction to the Disney Characters, make a reservation for a Character meal, Tea time for tots or a birthday party organized in Disneyland Paris.
- In Disneyland Park, let kids get the “wiggles out” at play spots like Alice’s Curious Labyrinth in Fantasyland, Adventure Isle in Adventureland, or Pocahontas Indian Village playground in Frontierland.
- While youngsters are typically captivated by all of Disneyland Paris, be sure to seek out attractions and activities that are appropriates for little ones. (Some may be too intense.) Sure hits:
In Disneyland Park any of the Fantasyland attractions: Little ones can ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Le Carrousel de Lancelot and Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups. They can visit the children of the world on a cruise through “it’s a small world”, or see classic Disney scenes presented in miniature in Le Pays des Contes de Fées. They can even step into the roles of Snow White, Pinocchio or Peter Pan and take part in these stories via Peter Pan’s Flight, Les Voyages de Pinocchio (Pinocchio’s Fantastic Journey) and Blanche Neige et les Sept Nains (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs). (some children may be frightened in “dark rides” like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Peter Pan’s Flight). And they can experience an unforgettable encounter with one of the most beloved Disney Princesses at the Princess Pavilion and an exclusive and unforgettable meeting with Mickey Mouse at Meet Mickey Mouse.
So if you’re planning to vacation at Disneyland® Paris with your own little ones, hopefully our tips will help you in your trip planning.