This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HealthySavings #CollectiveBias
I have a household of 4 kids. Granted one is currently in college but she’s home every other weekend. With 4 children in school, there is always the chance that one of them is going to come home sick. As a matter of fact, just 2 weeks ago you may have read where Madison, my 3 yr old, was so sick that I was running around with her trying to make her well. If it’s not Madison then it’s one of the others. There is always some germ that they’re going to pick up in school or on the playground. With the cold weather here now it’s inevitable that one of them is definitely going to come down with a cold, and when one of them has a cold, guess what? The entire family gets a cold. There are however a few things that I do because as my mom would say “an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure”. Here are six ways that I have been keeping my family healthy with winter essentials.
1. Keep your medicine cabinet stocked with the essentials. For us, it’s cough and cold medicine, fever and pain medication, extra vitamin C, and vitamins for me. With someone getting sick I won’t have to worry about running out to the pharmacy to get what I need in the middle of the night.
2. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! During the winter with the harsh winds we all get chapped skin. Keep your skin moisturized and also your lips. Remember to keep a lip balm on hand.
3. Remind your kids to wash their hands before eating and especially after they’ve used the bathroom. You should also teach your children good hand washing technique by washing for at least 30 seconds with soap and also under the fingernails.
4. Change your toothbrush every 3 months but sooner if you’ve had a cold or the flu.
5. With winter we tend to keep the kids indoors but try and have them go outside for at least a few minutes a day to soak up that Vitamin D. Remember sunlight is your friend but still remember to use your sunscreen. A lot of people think that because it’s winter you don’t need it but you do.
6. Get the flu shot! We advocate getting the flu shot but this is our choice and while most people don’t bother, we do.
This winter I was able to stock up on my winter essentials with savings from Pfizer at my local Walgreens. A few of the items available were, Advil, Thermacare, Children’s Advil, Dimetapp, Robitussin, Emergen-C 30ct, Centrum/Caltrate, Chapstick, and Nexium 24HR. I don’t usually pass up savings so when I was in my local Walgreens and saw the display that said I could save $15, I just had to stock up. After all, these were items that I needed for my own medicine cabinet that would keep me from making a trip to the emergency room if it wasn’t necessary.
So if you want to keep your family healthy this winter I suggest heading into your closest Walgreens and stocking up on Pfizer products.
Unfortunately, these savings are only valid thru 11/28/15 so I would hurry if I were you. You can check out this link for more information on other great Pfizer products.