Can you believe that there’s only 61 days before Christmas? You’re probably saying to yourself, but Halloween isn’t here yet and we still have Thanksgiving to go. Well it’s always great to have a headstart and what better way to start than by making these delicious Sparkly Snowman Cupcakes. We have already experienced snow here in Colorado and while it wasn’t enough to make a snowman, it’s an indication that winter is almost here. These Sparkly Snowman Cupcakes are going to be a hit with the kids but with everyone.
Yields: 24 Cupcakes
Time: 50 minutes
1 box white cake mix (plus required ingredients listed on the box, i.e. eggs, oil & water)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 tablespoons milk
Peanut butter or butterscotch chips (1 per cupcake)
White Sugar Sprinkles
Black decorating icing
1. Prepare cake batter according to box directions and bake.
2. While cupcakes cool, make frosting. Start by using an electric mixer to beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla frosting. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Spread a layer of frosting onto each cupcake, making it as smooth as possible.
4. Pour sprinkles into a bowl, and dip each frosted cupcake into the sprinkles – making sure all frosting is completely covered.
5. Using the black decorating icing, create dots for eyes and a mouth for the snowman.
6. Add a peanut butter or butterscotch chip in the middle for the snowman’s nose.
Now that you have your very own snowman that you can eat, enjoy!