In today’s world, where everyone is busy running from one place to another, food has just become something which people can grab and not give too much time to, which is wrong but understandable.
Everyone has different tastes and preferences; many people are hooked on fried chicken recipes, others want bottom round roast recipes while many are just focused on desserts but not to forget that it is more comfortable and better to make a sandwich and then grab it because you are late for your office or your school rather than sitting down for a proper breakfast.
Same way, rather than going out for lunch and wasting time, people prefer to eat a light salad or a burrito that they may have bought on their way to the office. So for everyone’s ease, let’s discuss salads.
Salads are natural; they don’t consume time, are fresh, radiant in color, they look mesmerizing, are healthy, and most of all, they are easy on the stomach even in the oddest of hours. Still, the bad part is that not many are aware of the many different salads they can make with the basic things they have at home.
So, here are some salads recipes that can help you find the taste you are looking for and just at the cost of you staying healthy and fit.
1 lb. of lean ground beef
One packet of taco seasoning
1 cup of black beans that must be drained and rinsed
6 cups of iceberg lettuce that must be chopped
One diced avocado
3 Tablespoons of cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup of sour cream
½ cup of salsa (Can be made at home or bought from the local market)
One packet of tortilla chips
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
½ cup of shredded cheese (Mozzarella or cheddar whatever you prefer)
- Put 3 Tablespoons of oil in a pot. Let it heat for two to three minutes and then add the beef in the pot. Let the beef cook for five to seven minutes. As soon as the meat changes its color, take it off the heat and drain any extra water that remains in the pot.
- Put the beef on the heat again, add the taco seasoning. Add ½ cup of water and let it simmer on low heat until the added water thickens.
- Once the water has thickened, add the beans and stir for another five minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the lettuce. Top the lettuce with tomatoes, cheese, avocado, olives, onions, green onions, jalapenos, and bell pepper. (You can add toppings of your choice too).
- Combine this mixture with the mixture of meat and beans.
- To finish the salad, top with tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream.
- Enjoy this salad with a movie with your friends or family.
SIMPLE CHICKEN SALAD
1 pound of boneless chicken cut into small pieces
½ bell pepper that should be chopped
Four to six green olives
¼ cup of chopped red onion
1/3 cups of iceberg lettuce
One apple that should be cut into small pieces
Two stalks of celery that must be chopped
Ingredients for the dressing of the salad:
Five to six Tablespoons of mayonnaise
Two Tablespoons of honey
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Put the chicken in a pot with two glasses of water. Let it boil on high heat for ten minutes. Then, turn the heat off and let the chicken sit in the pot for another fifteen minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise, honey, and the freshly squeezed lemon juice. Make sure that you taste the dressing so that there are no issues in the end. You can add more honey or lemon juice to achieve the taste you want for your dressing. Add a pinch of salt and honey for taste.
- The dressing of the salad must not be too sweet or too sour.
- Mix the chopped celery, iceberg, bell pepper, onions, and apple into the dressing and give it a right mix with a spoon.
- Take out the chicken from the pot, shred it into little pieces, and put it into the mixture of vegetables and the dressing.
- Serve it with a chilled drink and enjoy it.
CAJUN CHICKEN SALAD
1 pound of chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of mayonnaise
Two tablespoons of mustard
One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
Two tablespoons of paprika
One tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
Two to three hard-boiled eggs
¼ cups of chopped green onions
Hot sauce to taste
½ cup of chopped green pepper
½ cup chopped of celery
½ cup of olives
Cut the chicken into large chunks. Put two cups of water in a pot, put it on medium heat, and when it starts to boil, put the chicken in it.
Let the chicken cook for seven to ten minutes, and once it is cooked, turn off the heat and let the chicken sit in the pot for fifteen minutes.
In another large bowl, mix the eggs, the mustard, the mayonnaise, the vinegar, Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
After everything has been mixed, add the celery, olives, onions, and bell pepper.
Dice the chicken in the mixture. Mix well.
Add the hot sauce.
You can serve this cold and in your sandwiches or eat it with a spoon. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoy eating it.
To summarize all of this, salads must be made a part of your life because they are healthy. Many people tend to make faces when they hear about salads, but it can be made fun by playing around with different ingredients. With salads, there is no hard and fast rule; you can make what you’ll enjoy eating – happy eating.
PIN THIS POST TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD.