Halloween is almost upon us and what better way to celebrate with something spooky and edible. If you haven’t started your Halloween decorations what are you waiting for? Have you gotten your costumes as yet? I have and I can’t wait to share it with you this weekend. Before I do so I want to share this delightfully sweet treat with you my readers. Today we get to show you how to make these Halloween Cupcakes in Jar. Don’t they look super sweet?
Here is what you’ll need:-
1 box of chocolate cake mix (+ required amount of oil and eggs)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (set at room temp for 10 minutes, so butter is still slightly cool)
8 oz. cream cheese (directly from refrigerator)
4 cups powdered confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Orange food coloring
1. Bake cupcakes according to box directions, and let cool.
2. To make cream cheese frosting, place butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Add cream cheese and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
3. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and blend on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
4. Slowly add the milk and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
5. Use frosting at once or keep refrigerated until ready to use.
6. Cut cupcakes into haves (horizontally)
7. Place a cupcake half in the bottom of jar
8. Use a piping bag and open star decorating tip to create a frosting layer.
9. Repeat layering cupcake halves and frosting until each jar is almost full. Top with a frosting layer and add sprinkles.
So what do you think of these Halloween Cupcakes in a Jar? My brother Mikael thinks that they are “so good, oh soo good” and I have to agree!