If you are searching for a DIY project to invest your time in this year, then you should consider fixing some of the most common house problems first. These are the most ignored issues that are most of the time overlooked. But, hey, we’ve got you covered. We will help you make these fixes your DIY resolution and also help you learn how to complete them without any hassle!
Fix for Smoke Detector Blinking Red
If you have a smoke detector at home, you must be aware of common situations when the smoke detector starts to blink red. But what should you do if your smoke detector is blinking red?
- You Should Test Your Smoke Alarms: Testing your smoke detector on a regular basis will help you identify problems before they become a fire hazard. The red light on your alarm can indicate that it’s time to test it again.
- The Battery Is Running Low: A blinking red light can also indicate that the detector’s batteries are low. Consider replacing the batteries and performing a test to ensure that everything is operating correctly.
- It’s Time to Get Rid of It: Smoke alarms do not last indefinitely. The date the alarm was produced may be seen on the back of the unit. It’s time to replace it if it is ten years or older.
- Presence of Dust Particles in The Smoke Chamber: Dust particles and other debris floating in the air can enter the chamber of your smoke detectors. Some smoke alarms have a warning light that flashes when such debris needs to be cleaned out from the detector.
- Smoke Detection: Your smoke detector may be blowing off if you see a blinking red light. To be of any risk, look for evidence of fire in your home.
- Smoke that Lingers: Smoke may remain around the detector even after it has been activated. So, even during the time when smoke is clearing out, many smoke detectors flash red.
Here is one good resource that you can refer to if you see your smoke detector blinking red.
Fix for Streaming Services Like Disney Plus Not Working On Firestick
Nobody wants to miss their favorite episodes and movies that come on streaming services like Amazon Prime Video and Disney Plus. But, if you are using a Firestick and wonder why your Disney+ is not working on Firestick, the chances are that your streaming service may have stopped working all of a sudden. And let’s face it, it is very common! But do you know you can fix this by yourself?
The most typical causes of these streaming platforms not working on your Firestick are related to the streaming platform itself, the internet connection, or the need to restart the Firestick. So, how do you fix this problem?
- Update your Firestick and its apps: To work correctly, your Firestick or streaming services like the Disney Plus app may require an update. So, make sure all the apps are updated.
- Check whether the streaming service is down: The very first step you need to take is to double-check whether the Disney Plus app is down for maintenance. In such a scenario, the best choice is to wait for it to reconnect.
- Does your Firestick support 4K?: There may be some video content on the Disney Plus app and other such platforms that are available only in 4K resolution. So, if your Firestick does not support 4K, you will not be able to watch the Disney Plus video.
- Check the children’s settings: You may be using a restricted profile that hides mature content. You can turn off the child setting while you search your content and see if it is discoverable or not.
- Log out and back into your streaming app: Frequently, errors may be resolved by logging out and then logging back in. Make sure you are logging in with the proper credentials. Your streaming app account and your Amazon account are entirely independent. It’s possible that the email and password are totally different. So, check properly before logging in.
- Ensure an active internet connection: In most cases, this is the pertinent cause for such streaming issues. Try opening other apps like YouTube or Netflix and see if you can watch videos there. If not, you know the root cause.
- Restart your router: Restarting your Wi-Fi router will help reset the connection and enhance the speed of your internet if it is too sluggish to stream your video content.
- Restart your Firestick: Press Select and Play on your Firestick remote to restart your Firestick. After the restart is done, try opening the streaming apps again.
- Delete other apps that might be making your Firestick slow: If your Amazon Fire Stick’s streaming apps continue to crash, consider removing other apps to free up space. Apps on the Fire Stick might sometimes freeze or crash due to a shortage of memory.
Fix for How to Connect Chromecast to Hotspot
Casting from your Chromecast through a mobile hotspot is a terrific way to cast something from your smartphone or tablet to a TV when you do not have access to a regular Wi-Fi network. For this, you will need an active cellular internet connection, a Chromecast device, and a second smartphone/tablet for casting the content. Check out the step-by-step instructions:
- First, you need to open your mobile hotspot settings and change your hotspot Wi-Fi name and password to your regular Wi-Fi network to connect your Chromecast.
- Turn off your internet router to disable your Wi-Fi connection.
- Activate your mobile hotspot now that you have customized it.
- Now connect the Chromecast to your TV. Your Chromecast will automatically connect to your mobile hotspot within a few seconds.
- Since you cannot cast from the device that you are using, you need a second device. To cast content through your Chromecast, connect a second device to your mobile hotspot and then cast as you usually do.
Fix for How to Program Universal Remote Code
A Universal Remote Controller is a lifesaver that helps control several devices with one remote. The hassle of managing so many separate remotes for separate devices is no more an issue! To function with a universal remote, you need to program it according to the code of your device. Say you have a Magnavox Universal Remote, so you need to know how to program the Magnavox universal remote for it to function with your desired device.
We are going to check the manual method of programming your universal remote –
- First, switch on the device that you wish to operate with your Universal Remote.
- Press hold both the device icon and the power button on your Universal Remote at the same time. (For example, if you are connecting a TV, press the TV device button on your remote along with the power button). Wait for the power to turn on the remote and then release both buttons.
- Now press the power button on the universal remote and wait for at least 2 seconds. Ensure the universal remote is pointing towards the device you want to connect.
- If your device responds by turning off, you know the remote has found your device’s code. You now press the “STOP” button on your universal remote to stop the manual code search.
- If the device is not responding, you will have to press the power button again to reestablish connections with your device.
With these simple hacks and fixes, you can resolve simple but significant home problems and make your life more convenient!