They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately most of us tend to miss it, usually because of time constraints. When you have a full morning ahead of you it can be difficult preparing breakfast and having the time to actually eat it. Unless of course it’s the weekend. Well today I want to share with you these Make Ahead Breakfast Muffins. Since you prepare them before hand, you now have no excuse not to have breakfast in the morning.
Here is what you’ll need:
4 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄2 pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 ̊.
2. In a large bowl combine the hash browns, butter, salt and pepper.
3. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill the cups about 3⁄4 of the way full with the hash browns. Press with your fingers to mold the hash browns to the cups all the way to the top. Try to make the sides the same thickness all the way around for even cooking. Make sure there are hash browns on the bottom of the cup.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until they are starting to brown. Let cool slightly.
5. Reduce oven to 350 ̊.
6. Take half of the shredded cheese and sprinkle in the bottom of the cups. Repeat with half of the sausage crumble.
7. Whisk the eggs together and fill the cups until almost full.
8. Top with the second half of cheese and sausage.
9. Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes.
10. To freeze: Let cool for two hours, then place muffins in a ziploc gallon bag until you’re ready to enjoy. Microwave for a few minutes before serving for breakfast.