If you’re looking for a tasty and refreshing summer treat, you won’t want to miss these irresistible orange white chocolate ice cream bars.
If there’s one thing you need to know about me, it’s that I love ice cream. I can never have too much of these delicious goodness. The ice cream department is one of the first place I visit whenever I go to the supermarket even though I’m supposed to be on a diet. I just love those creamy ice cream bars, but have been noticing the prices have been going up on them at Walmart, so I decided why not make my own. They couldn’t be that difficult right?
These bars are sweet and creamy, making them the perfect dessert for those hot summer days. With just two ingredients you can make your own homemade ice cream bars in no time. Here’s how to do it:
Orange White Chocolate Ice Cream Bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: Overnight
Makes: 8-10 (depending on your mold)
2 cups of orange ice cream
1 cup of white chocolate chips (melted)
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave or on a double boiler until smooth. If you are using a microwave, heat the chips in 30-second increments, stirring in between.
- Once melted, allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes before using.
- In a separate mixing bowl, scoop out the orange ice cream and let it soften for a few minutes.
- Pour a small amount of the melted chocolate into each mold and scrape it up the side. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to harden. This will be your outer barrier.
- Next, spoon the melted ice cream into popsicle molds evenly so that each mold is filled about ¾ full. Pour remaining white chocolate onto the molds and using an offset spatula flatten the white chocolate to coat the molds.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold, making sure it is centered. The sticks should also be inserted deep enough to hold the bars without sliding out. You might need to wiggle them a bit until they feel secure.
- Place the molds in the freezer and let them sit for at least 4-6 hours until fully frozen. You can also leave them overnight if you prefer.
- Once frozen, remove the molds from the freezer and run them under warm water for a few seconds. This should loosen the bars and make them easier to remove.
- Gently pull the popsicle stick to release the ice cream bar from the mold.
- Serve the bars immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to pour the mixture slowly into each mold, filling it up only three-quarters of the way to leave room for expansion as it freezes.
- If you have trouble removing the bars from the molds, run them under warm water again for a few more seconds.
- You can use any type of orange ice cream you prefer for this recipe, such as sorbet or sherbet.
- Try using dark or milk chocolate instead of white chocolate for a different flavor profile.
These orange white chocolate ice cream bars are a versatile dessert that can be enjoyed in many ways. To make your orange white chocolate ice cream bars even more exciting and attractive, consider adding toppings such as chopped pistachios or almonds before freezing or drizzling with melted dark or milk chocolate after freezing. You can eat them as they are, or dip them in warm melted chocolate for a gourmet twist. You can also try rolling them in chopped nuts or coconut flakes for added texture.
For presentation ideas, try serving on top of fresh fruit slices like oranges, pineapples, or strawberries or simply enjoy as is!
Creating these delicious orange white chocolate ice cream bars is easy and fun. Try this recipe today and treat your taste buds to this refreshing summertime dessert!