Baby monitor technology is so far advanced these days, that they’ve essentially become small security surveillance cameras! At a fraction of the price of a standard security camera system, there are actually plenty of reasons you might want to get one, even if you don’t have a baby. As caretakers, business owners and busy working parents, we could probably all use one! Here are 6 reasons to get a baby monitor even when you don’t have a baby.
1. A Business Owner’s Best Friend - Do you own a small business with a storefront? If you have a reception area that can’t always be staffed, installing a monitor will allow you to see and hear what’s going on up there when you’re busy in the back. The Motorola MBP 855 CONNECT Portable Video Baby Monitor has free in-app video recording and image snapshot, so in the event of a problem, you can easily provide footage to the authorities.
2. Perfect when caring for the sick - If you’re a caretaker for a bed-ridden person, a monitor can help you immensely, especially if you’re working or living in a multi-story home. It’ll give you freedom to go to the kitchen, the bathroom, or the laundry room without worrying about the person you’re looking after. You don’t have to hover over the person you’re caring for either, but can be there in a moment’s notice. You can even respond to the patient or loved one, letting them know you’re on your way, thanks to two-way communication technology.
3. Use it as a nanny-cam - Most parents feel a certain level of anxiety leaving their children with unknown babysitters. There’s only so much background screening you can do. Install the camera in the play room or living room and check in with the free Wi-Fi Hubble app for peace of mind. This is much less invasive than hiding a camera in some stuffed toy while secretly recording the caretaker. Sometimes, just seeing a camera causes people to make better choices, knowing they are possibly being watched.
4. Check in on Fido - If you don’t trust your dog, he’s recovering from surgery, he’s in training, or you just REALLY love your dog, consider installing a monitor where you keep him while you’re away. You can assess the situation from work, and head home if he’s getting into mischief.
5. Keep an eye on your home when you can’t be home - Particularly if you aren’t home very often, if you don’t have a watch dog, or if you’re single, consider installing a camera inside your home. Make sure you have a good view of the main entrance you use. There’s no need to go overboard with security cameras on the exterior of your house (which can sometimes look like a dead giveaway that there is something expensive inside), and if you live in an apartment, you may not be able to use them anyway.
6. Watch the kids while giving them space - Baby monitors are great for using with children, too, especially in the basement or play room. You can give them freedom to play with their friends without being overly protective just because you haven’t heard any noise in a while. You can simply check the monitor to make sure they aren’t destroying anything and then go back to what you were doing.
The Motorola MPB 855 Connect Video Baby Monitor has all the latest and greatest features including a 5 inch color screen and a portable, rechargeable camera so you can easily move around the house. It can also be mounted in and outdoors making it perfect for home security. It has Wifi capability so you monitor activity on your compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers when away from the home. Other features include two way communication, remote pan, tilt, and zoom, night vision, temperature, night vision and so much more. If you thought that having a baby monitor was just for babies, I hope you'll reconsider and choose the Motorola MPB 855 Connect Video Baby Monitor available at ToysRUs.
Can you think of other reasons YOU may need a baby video monitor?