This is Stripes! She belongs to my daughter Kristal, but has been living with us all her life. Just recently she went missing and we had no idea where she was. Turned out she was locked in my neighbors garage because she's like most cats, inquisitive. She follows you around because she thinks she's a dog and is one of the friendliest cat you'll ever meet, and just like a dog, she sheds and leaves her hair everywhere. However, we also have another cat, Kitty whom you've met in the past. Kitty is the Queen of the House and despises Stripes, because Stripes has now taken over her domain, but we do have love enough for both of them. I recently received a Ceva Cat BabbleBoxx filled with some amazing products from Catego™ and Feliway®, and also a few items just for me, that I want to share with you today.
Before I dig into what my cats got, lets take a look at what I received. Don't you just LOVE that Catego cat coffee mug? Not only do I love my coffee but I love my cats, so this is just perfect for me. We also received a Catego journal complete with a Catego pen, the book Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity by Josh Linkner and a snuggly Feliway toy, that Madison has claimed for her own. Now let's dive into what Kitty and Stripes received.
Now while my cats don't have fleas, you can never be too safe. They both love the outdoors and that's where they can pick it up. Catego™ is powerful flea and tick control designed specifically for cats and cats alone! Its a topical flea and tick preventive that is easy to apply thanks to its tube and patented applicator. It has one low-volume formulation for all cats weighing over 1.5 lbs and over 8 weeks of age and kills fleas within 6hrs and protection lasts an entire months. It also kills all life stages of ticks through contact, including the Brown Dog Ticks, American Dog Ticks, One Start Ticks and Deer Ticks. Catego™ is currently available through Amazon and veterinarians, and will soon be available for purchase at PetSmart.
Feliway® Multicat Diffuser
Now this product I just have to tell you about, especially if you're a multi-cat household, and your cats don't get along like mine do. The Feliway® Multicat Diffuser is a copy of the natural pheromone that helps cats bond with each other. You simply plug it into the room where your cats spend the most time and voila! Our cats spend most of their time outside the bathroom door just lounging around and I plugged it in there. Stripes I've noticed has been constantly laying below it and you can find her there almost all day. However, I've noticed a difference in Kitty's behavior, she tolerates Stripes a lot more and the hissing has even stopped. Yay! Now if only she would tolerate the kids. You can purchase your own Feliway® MultiCat Diffuser through your veterinarian. To find a Feliway® vet near you visit Feliway.com/us/buy.
If you plan on traveling with your cats these are a great way to get your cats to feel safe and comfortable in their environment. Stress can cause behavioral problems in cats such as urine spraying, scratching and hiding. The pheromone in the wipes is the same in the diffuser and can help calm your cat during his/her travels. Simply wipe them along the surface of his crate and reapply every 4-5hours.
Feliway® Travel Spray
When your cat feels comfortable in his/her environment, you may notice that they rub their cheeks again the objets, leaving a message know as a facial pheromone. You may notice that your cats may do that against your furniture and even against you. This "happy marker" provides confidence to your cat. The Feliway® Travel Spray contains a synthetic replica of that pheromone and is clinically proven to reduce stress in kittens and adult cats that leads to inappropriate behaviors. This is NOT a sedative or tranquilizer. When traveling simply spray 8-10 pumps directly into the carrier 15 minutes prior to introducing your cat. Reapply every 4-5 hours as needed. This is a great way to take your cat to the vet.
Now that you've learned how Catego™ and Feliway® can keep your cats healthy and happy , here are 20 interesting facts about cats that you may not have known.
Cats are not exactly an open book, sometimes it takes a little while to learn them and then only when they feel you are ready, they will allow you to be their caregiver. Cats have a unique personality and with that come some pretty interesting facts about cats:
1. Most cats are lactose intolerant and should not be given cow’s milk.
2. When cats knead their paws it’s because they are happy.
3. Cats have more than 100 different vocal sounds.
4. An adult cat has 30 teeth.
5. Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour.
6. A cat can jump seven times its height.
7. Cats don’t have a sweet tooth; they cannot taste anything that’s sweet.
8. Cats have a sense of smell 14 times stronger than a human.
9. Cats greet one another by touching noses.
10. A group of kittens is called a kindle while a group of cats is called a clowder.
11. Cats sweat through their paws only.
12. Cats spend an average of 2/3 of every day sleeping.
13. A cat can’t climb head first down a tree due to their paws pointing the same way.
14. There are more than 500 million domestic cats in the world.
15. Cats were associated with witchcraft in the Middle Ages.
16. Approximately 40,000 people a year, in the United States, are bitten by cats.
17. When a family cat died in Egypt, the family would mourn the cat by shaving off their eyebrows.
18. Cats usually give birth to a litter of no more than 9 kittens.
19. The largest wild cat today is the Siberian Tiger, weighing 700lbs and on average 12’ long.
20. In Britain & Australia black cats are considered lucky.
There you have it, some 20 interesting facts about cats to enlighten you today; since cats are a large part of history you will find a lot of cat facts in regard to the Egyptian culture. It’s pretty interesting to learn more about cats, isn’t it?
And talk to your veterinarian about Ceva Cat products today!