1. Snow Sculptures – get that warm gear on and go outside to build a snow sculpture together.
2. Create a Living Room BBQ – create an indoor BBQ event with family using regular kitchen equipment but BBQ themed food and décor.
3. Campout Inside – bring the camping inside with the whole family, setup a tent in the living room and pretend you are outside on a camping trip.
4. Go Sledding – head to the local sled retailer in your area, let each family member select their own slide and get outside to go sledding.
5. Make Snowflake Crafts – take a day with paper and other crafty items to create snowflakes inside with the family for Winter décor.
6. Go Ice Skating – most towns have an ice skating rink set up at the town common, head down and get on board with making this a family tradition activity.
7. Have a Book Reading Night – curl up in comfy pajamas around a fireplace and read some fun Winter season books together.
8. Write Letters to Santa – if your family celebrates Santa at Christmas time sit down and write a letter to Santa and mail it out to the North Pole.
9. Go Light Viewing – there are many holiday light displays that appear around the area in Winter, take a night drive looking at the beautiful lights together.
10. Throw a New Year Party – New Year arrives during the Winter season, attempt to plan a New Year’s Eve party for the family to bond together.
11. Check Out Museums – the Winter season is a great time to check out indoor museums that you didn’t see during warmer months.
12. Movie Theater – hit the movie theater to see a new movie that is out, since it’s cold outside, it makes sense to catch up on the movie releases.
13. Learn to Love Winter Crafts – this season brings on many Pinterest craft ideas that are available for families to do together. Learn to love Winter crafts.
14. Volunteer in Community – The cold months bring many homeless into shelters, try to go volunteer at a local shelter or food bank to help others in need.
15. Learn to Bake - the cold Winter season brings on the need to warm the home up a bit, so why not learn to bake something special together?!
16. Go Out Caroling – this is an old tradition that has died over the years, collect the family and go door to door caroling in your neighborhood together.
17. Throw a Super Bowl Party – if football is your thing, create a huge super bowl party for friends and family to attend.
19. Become a Local Tourist – with the cold weather outside you may want to go check out some indoor attractions in your local town.
20. Sugar on Snow – a fun little treat on a snowy day is sugar on snow, grab a bowl of clean snow, pour some maple syrup on top and enjoy!
21. Pay Santa a Visit – Christmas is fast approaching and nothing screams winter like a portrait with Santa. If it's a tradition, I suggest beating the Christmas rush and getting them early. Get a family portrait, because after all, it's holidays!
Let's discuss: Can you think of any other fun winter family activities?