Summer officially starts on June 20th but with the weather we've been having, you would think that summer came early. Here in Colorado, we have had temperatures in the 90's, and while I grew up in the Caribbean and have even lived in New York City, aka the "concrete jungle", personally I have never loved weather that goes over 80 degrees. In the Caribbean when it got too hot, I would find myself walking to the beach which was just a stone's throw away from my parent's house, yes I could see the ocean from my porch, and have a dip in the cool calming water. In New York City, I would turn my AC on and enjoy the cool air. In Colorado however, there are no beaches so my central air has been on blast for the past couple of days, and while I dread to see my electricity bill at the end of the month, I need to to feel comfortable. Anyway, I digress. We're talking about summer and summer means sunshine, vacations, road trips, camping and s'mores. Well since I've never gone camping and have no intention of doing so this summer, I found an easier way to make s'mores that doesn't include a campfire. Our s'mores marshmallow pops are easy to make and taste just as delicious!
S'mores Marshmallow Pops
20 large marshmallows
1 10oz bag of Wilton chocolate candy melts
20 graham cracker squares, crushed
20 Wilton candy sticks
1. Pour the Wilton candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
2. Allow the melted chocolate to cool for a few minutes prior to dipping the marshmallows.
3. Insert one candy stick into each marshmallow (see photo).
4. Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate one at a time covering half the marshmallow (see photo).
5. Allow the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl and then sprinkle with crushed graham cracker crumbs.
6. Repeat with all the marshmallows.
*Makes 20 servings. 1 marshmallow = 1 serving.
Let's discuss: How do you intend to spend this summer?